TIME TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT (AND MORE)

Options
JG1984
JG1984 Posts: 12 Member
Hello Everybody!

I'm a 32 year old Mama of two boys - a 4 year old and a 5 month old. I'm still breastfeeding the youngest and what do you know... nursing does not make you lose the baby weight if you don't eat well also! *LOL* So, here I am. I got back on My Fitness Pal a week ago, started counting my calories and I've already seen progress! Yay! I still have quite a ways to go, but slow and steady wins the race, right?

Replies

• philbanet
    philbanet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Progress is always awesome to see! Slow and steady absolutely wins ... welcome.
  • JG1984
    Options
    Thank you Phil!
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also mum to two boys - 9 months and 2 years 9 months. Not breastfeeding, unfortunately, but I do a bring-baby-along fitness class and just started calorie counting (for the first time in five-ish years) a couple of weeks ago. Five pounds down already! Though I realize much of that is water weight.
  • JG1984
    Options
    Hi Susan! Yeah, I'm down 4.5 pounds. Water or not, it's still exciting. Haha! I'm sure it's not all water though. I'm taking small steps as I really feel quite out of shape, so right now I'm concentrating on eating better. My milk supply took a big dip and I'm trying to adjust my calories correctly so that I'm taking in enough to boost my breastmilk, but not stall my weightloss. Once I feel I've got a handle on that, I will add in some exercise. Good luck to you!
  • MarissaBlevins220
    MarissaBlevins220 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I was in your same boat after my son was born. Just make sure you're drinking TONS of water or your milk supply will suffer. I slowly got into walking and eating healthy, then i added some at home work out programs, 6 months later and I am down 50 lbs. You're in the right place, just stay consistent, progress will be slow especially if you continue to breastfeed, but don't get discouraged! (It seems like your body really wants to keep all the extra fat!) Above all take good care of yourself and your kiddos. You got this! In a few months you will be thanking yourself!
  • JG1984
    Options
    Thanks Marissa! How encouraging! : )

I am downing at LEAST 8 full glasses of water on top of other liquids throughout the day (including Mother's Milk tea). Still having some difficulty but I'm hopeful I'll be able to bring my supply back up!