Round two

Options
I am here for the first time. I was at one point 300 lbs. I was able to get down to right at 200ish. Then.. Life happened. I am about 240.. I put it on over just about 4 years.

My decision to get back on track was a few weeks ago I was boarding an airplane for the first time since gaining back the 40 and I went into almost a panic mode with worry.. Would I be able to buckle the seat belt??? Luckily I could with no problems, but it really woke me up to the struggles that I had and that I was heading for again if I did not get back on track... My biggest fear at 300 was having to ask for a seatbelt extender. I did everything I could and managed to avoid it. I always wore thin stretch pants and got on as early as possible so that I could fight the seatbelt.. Maneuvering my chub around until I could finally fasten it. Sometimes I was a horrible passenger who even once tucked the seatbelt under a roll of chub and pretended that it fastened.

These memories made me realize that at a 10 lb a year weight gain I was only 6 years away from being back to 300. I am not as healthy as 4 years ago & My knees and joints hurt.

I am ready to get back in control of my health. I have been using the app for a few days and I already feel small changes in my body. I am not going to weigh myself often as I was almost obsessed when I did round one.. I was on a scale 4 times a day. I am going to focus on healthy nutrition & calorie goals, adding exercise slowly back into my lifestyle & enjoying the way my body feels (already many positives). I decided that I will weigh monthly.

Glad I found this awesome tool & community:)

Replies

• philbanet
    philbanet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've done the seatbelt tuck. Not proud of it, but I wasn't asking for that extension. Welcome!
  • Smokitopaz56
    Smokitopaz56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy! I am a yo-yoer, I topped out at 250 this past spring. My previous high was 247 about 20 years ago! So I feel your struggle! "This time" for me started in May, and I also decided to concentrate on eating better. So far so good, 23 down since May. We can do this! We HAVE to do this! I have recently started walking on a treadmill and taking my dog for more walks. I do NOT love to exercise. Never managed to make it a habit...not for long. I thought back to my first attempt all those 20 years ago and remembered I started by walking on a treadmill for a short period of time. Gradually it increased, and eventually I started to do weights. "This time" we will see. I have to do what I will be able to keep ON doing. Anyway, I didn't intend to write an epistle....I simply want to welcome you and offer my support!
  • nanciduffy
    nanciduffy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    After lurking for a few days I am glad I finally said hello. Thanks for the welcome. :)