Lost 70 Pounds After Gaining Weight in College

Options
kay_m26
kay_m26 Posts: 9 Member
qqqnigldrikg.jpeg
9ynpknldxmu1.jpeg
Hi everyone! I graduated in May 2015 almost 80 pounds heavier than when I started college in September 2011. Yep, 80 pounds. After going through a breakup, experiencing the stress of college, and eating too much pizza after a bar night, it was a no brainer. In September 2015, I came out of a depression with my weight gain and decided to take action. Since then, I've lost almost 70 pounds so far. By eating right, not overly restricting myself, and leaving those bad college habits behind, my body has been changing for the better.

Have some of you gained the freshman 15? Or the sophomore 30? Or like me, almost 100 pounds? College can be tough but with the right resources and support system, you can lead a healthy lifestyle and still enjoy college. If you're making this change after college like me, well, good for you and I'll support you, too! :)

Replies

• tdotboy
    tdotboy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have too
  • kay_m26
    kay_m26 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • sandflower81
    sandflower81 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Way to regain control! Congrats on the loss.
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Basically sums up the last four years for me too! I'm down just over 50 lbs so far, trying for another 40-60 more.
  • ekmontyg
    ekmontyg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in this exact situation! I graduated this spring, 50-60 pounds heavier than I started college! I think I can chalk it up to alcohol and the bad foods I eat when drinking. I also got so busy with school I stopped eating vegetarian and stopped cooking. Go you!!
  • 75poundstogo
    75poundstogo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This is flippin amazing. Im 2 lbs down towards a goal of 75lbs lost. Cant wait to be where you are one day
  • vkr2q7
    vkr2q7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I graduated in the class of '15 too and managed to put on about 80lbs as well in the last two years of school and first year of post grad life (read ramen and take out every night paired with 0 excercise). Now I'm finally starting my weight loss efforts in earnest and your post was a major motivation!!!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • tabby_123
    tabby_123 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have gained a total of 70 pounds (from 135 to 205) from college and law school. Law school is what really did me in. I'm ready to lose the weight! Thank you for the inspo! :smile:
  • welshryan
    welshryan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good Job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!