Need support for emotional eating

Hi! I have gained 40 pounds in 5 months due to my depression. I am getting out of the funk and do not want to see the evidence of depression in the mirror. Please help me get through. .. i am big on supporting and would love to hear from others who deal with the same. **jesse

Replies

• melanova90
    melanova90 Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi Jesse!

I think what's really helped me has been to just cut myself a little slack and to allow myself to be OK with doing what I can. It's really hard to take good care of yourself when you're depressed, and it's hard to really like yourself when you're depressed. I think it says a lot that you're here right now and that you're reaching out! :smile: I gained about 45-50 pounds over the first six months of high school, and seven years later I'm only just now beginning to take good care of my health, and there are lots of people who never take that first step at all! So I think it's great that you're motivated to take that first step to change things.

I think a big part of it is not being disgusted with any part of yourself, because you're doing better now, and just being patient because seeing results takes some time. I've only been tracking my macros for a couple of months, and still struggling with depression and a slew of other issues, but I've already lost some of that weight and I feel a lot better about myself - partly because I lost some of that extra weight but also partly because I'm not as hard on myself about having gained weight in the first place.

Anyway, don't give up! Just keep taking care of yourself and you'll see results :smile: And don't be afraid to reach out for support... There are lots of options out there.
    -Melany