Goals: Activity Level?

Options
Hi peeps. Quick question... when it says "activity level" and then says not very active, slightly active and very active etc etc does it just mean your daily activity? Because I go to the gym for an hour every morning and workout, but my daily activity is pretty slow as I'm a stay at home mum and don't really do much. I set it as not very active and then just added in my burned calories each day from my Polar watch. Is that right?

Sorry if this is confusing. Basically what I'm trying to ask is: should I make my activity level "lightly active" because I gym every day? Or should I just leave it at not very active (which is true for the rest of the day) and just add my burned calories on after I workout?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Sedentary is up to 5000 steps a day / 2.5 miles
    Lightly active is >10000 steps/ approx 5 miles
    Active > 15000 steps

If you are sedentary apart from the gym put yourself down as sedentary and log your exercise.

If you put your activity to lightly active that will include basically your gym exercise.

Trial and error works and you'll know by your rate of loss what your level is after 3 or 4 weeks.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Activity setting is lifestyle / job only - not purposeful exercise.
    So your calorie goal is plus exercise calories.

You are doing it right, see what your results are like after a month and make adjustments if required.
  • SophieGetsStrong
    SophieGetsStrong Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks a lot. I'll leave it as it is for now and see how I go.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Personally I always set to sedentary as I have an office job. But adjust if I find that I lose too quickly.