Getting Back Into It - In Need Of Motivation !

Options
jennie0918
jennie0918 Posts: 69 Member
Hello. I'm in need of motivation! So i'm not new to mfp but i'm trying to start up again. I've been back and fourth and i really just need to get back into a routine but i have no motivation right now. I worked with a trainer and lost about 60 pounds and felt great. I ended up breaking my foot and i was in a boot for 6 months. Along with that the weight came back on and now even more. I have all these ideas in my head but i need a bit of a push to get myself started. i'm hoping i can get some motivation by logging into mfp everyday again. My birthday is in September and i plan on going to Atlantic City and I want to look and feel good. That's a bit of motivation for me, but i could use more. Thank you for helping be a part of my journey.

Replies

• chrissygbulldog3
    chrissygbulldog3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight without exercise. I have MS and can't do much. However, I caved in again, for the hundredth time and gained all the weight back. I know exactly what I need to do, I just have to do it and stick to it! Only you can motivate you. All the trainers, gimmicks and slogans won't work without just plain doing it. Good luck. I know how you are feeling. We are always stronger than we think we are.
  • coachsaralee
    coachsaralee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting started again!
  • fanficfanatic
    fanficfanatic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I picked back up a few weeks ago after having lost quite a bit a few years ago. After several unexpected deaths in my family and a bout of depression I gained all but ten pounds back! I wish you luck with your weight loss goals! I keep reminding myself all things are possible with the right motivation you just have to find the motivation! You can do it! Logging into to mfp has definitely helped me out a lot and it has given me an awareness of what I have been eating. I wish you luck!
  • ms_rayzd15
    ms_rayzd15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You've got this girl! I am starting back up after having another major back surgery. I know the struggle of finding and keeping motivation. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm not perfect! But I am done starting over.
  • peak2beach
    peak2beach Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    To be successful, I think the motivation needs to come from you and you alone, your desire to be healthier or to lose weight for reasons that are important to you. Mini goals can be motivating, but what happens once your birthday and vacation come and go, especially if you didn't lose as much as you wanted? I think the best mindset you can have is that the eating and exercise changes you do are lifestyle changes and aren't "dieting" or "losing weight". I do understand losing motivation, because mine hasn't been as high. But I recognize that and am recommitting to better habits.

Best wishes!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    My motivation is that I don't want to go back to where I started. I cannot ever feel that way again, physically or mentally. If I'm not moving forward, I'm going back to that place, so I keep moving ahead.

You just have to want it badly enough to do the work. If you want to feel good only for one occasion, that's probably not going to stick. You need to want to feel good and look good all the time.

You're not going to "feel motivated" all the time. Not even most of the time. You need to develop habits that you can live with the rest of your life. Then follow your good habits, your plan, even when you don't "feel motivated."
  • thequietesthush
    thequietesthush Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can massively relate to this - I'm not new to MFP either, and had lost a tonne of weight over the last few years. I got really ill at teh end of last year and was on steroids for about 6 months and have gained aboout 10kg back, and am now on the long process of losing that weight again. It's hard, but worth it to feel good and take control of your life again. :)