hopeless

Options
cannot lose weight help

Replies

• ehine1
    ehine1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Log your daily intake in the MFP nutrition log, keep up on the exercise and make adjustments when something isn't working. It'll come off.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Because you don't know what to do, or because you can't control your intake long enough to see progress?
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It takes time.....
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Learn1967 wrote: »
    cannot lose weight help

What have you done to try? If we can understand where you have been perhaps we can help you chart a successful course.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Trish1c wrote: »
    cannot lose weight help

What have you done to try? If we can understand where you have been perhaps we can help you chart a successful course.

Exactly. Yes, you CAN lose weight. You just need to find your accurate calorie goal, learn to weigh and measure and log your food here (accurately, as well) and be patient, consistent, and honest with yourself. But, more details on your part would be very helpful.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Trish1c wrote: »
    cannot lose weight help

This.
  • SophieSmall95
    SophieSmall95 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Of course with that attitude you won't.

If you want advice you need to give us more information.
  • Learn1967
    Learn1967 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies...I have given up pepsi and begun to log my meals......I am trying to eat out less and plan meals. I have started to run again after an ankle injury healed..I am also pursuing a black belt..though I am only a yellow belt...I weigh 213 now and have an ideal weight of 175..thanks for your support
  • Learn1967
    Options
    If I stay the course I will weigh 199.5 on September 9
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    It sounds like those changes will be enough to get you started, given enough time! Don't give up, pursuing your goals (running and a blackbelt- wow!) it's all worth it. YOU are worth it!
  • Learn1967
    Options
    thanks all
  • norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Don't fret too much. Buy a food scale, weigh everything, cook from scratch so you can control calories. Bake or boil instead of fry (oil/butter can add hundreds of calories). This has been my recipe for success.

One last thing, it's a great thing to exercise but food is the key to losing weight. Meet your calorie goal on MFP and watch your sodium intake, as it retains water.
  • Learn1967
    Options
    thank you
  • Learn1967
    Options
    down to 207 hope to be at 200 by feb 1st....
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies...I have given up pepsi and begun to log my meals......I am trying to eat out less and plan meals. I have started to run again after an ankle injury healed..I am also pursuing a black belt..though I am only a yellow belt...I weigh 213 now and have an ideal weight of 175..thanks for your support

Just keep it going. You'll lose weight.