Cardio and weights

Options
LRuddy2598
LRuddy2598 Posts: 1 Member
If I do cardio along with weights will it be harder to put weight on?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The more cardio you do, the more you have to eat.

• AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You need to be in a calorie surplus if you want to gain weight. If you are doing cardio, then you will have eat back those calories you burned while still staying in a caloric surplus. Will it make it harder? Possibly, but if you like cardio and don't have a problem getting in the calories you need to gain weight, then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    LRuddy2598 wrote: »

yes, because you will have to eat more food to get into a surplus.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It depends on your ability to eat more calories. If you struggle to get calories, then yes, it will be harder. If you enjoy eating more (like me), then it's fine.
  • Jcl81
    Jcl81 Posts: 154 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    LRuddy2598 wrote: »

Can you eat roughly 200 calories every time you do cardio, it's roughly a doughnut, peanut butter sandwich, serving of chicken breast, cup of whole milk, protien shake. I think you can do that, so YES you can gain weight eating\consuming one of those(or something close to that in caloric value) it's not really hard.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I cycled over 600 miles in July (37 hours) and still gained weight - but I do enjoy eating!
  • seanm55
    seanm55 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Don't worry bout all that... do what makes u feel good and doesn't burn you out... Cardio and weight training can be done together, just eat so your body doesn't start breaking down muscle tissue and you will be good
  • crowedog6
    crowedog6 Posts: 48 Member
    Options