Face fat

Options
Hi,

I consider myself a bit of fitness freak! I have done insanity 3 times, Les mills ultimate warrior 2 times, I did half asylum after which I had a back injury and could not continue! Now I just run 4-5 times a week at an average 4-6 km.
However, my weakness is food, I am really passionate about it so don't hold back on it at all. Although I do try and balance my seldom binges and fatty food with fruits, veggies and proteins.
I am 6 feet, 75 kgs, but I have a huge face fat issue, no matter what my double chin doesn't seem to go?! Any suggestions on a diet regime or exercises to reduce face fat! Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• shesthetype
    shesthetype Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can't actually decrease fat volume from a specific area like your face. I'm wondering if maybe it's not fat but bloating from the kinds of food you eat or lack of hydration? Or perhaps it's simply your face shape? I have the opposite problem. Whenever I get my body into peak condition, my face is very thin and ages me a lot. It's just one of those things. You may need to sacrifice how many calories you're eating to lose a tiny bit more weight to slim your face down, or just accept it's one of those things you can't control.
  • lilheidi76
    lilheidi76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My face has been swelling due to allergies.. especially around the eyes. If I eat to much of some foods I wake up with a fat face, though in my case I think its fluid.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You have no double chin in your profile. You are also 165 lbs @ 6 ft. You may have some facial bloat if you eat a lot of sodium but my guess is you have a distorted view of yourself.
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    If that's you in your picture you do not have a face at all. Not even a little.
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Some people just have chubby cheeks. I am one of those people. I always have a "baby face," No matter how low my weight goes. I'll never have defined cheekbones. My face/cheeks will always be a little round. it's just the way my face is shaped. Sounds like maybe that's your "issue" too? I'd say make peace, stop worrying & move on.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Post a picture of this "fat" face you claim to have. It may be an issue of body dysmorphia or swelling.

I mean... I have issues with facial swelling from a thyroid and pituitary gland problem, but it's VERY clearly water.

• evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    People hold weight in different places. Bloating is a possibility. I notice if i eat nasty on the weekends i get some double chin bloat that goes away in a day or so. If it is fat than the answer is the same as if you asked how to get rid of belly or thigh fat. You have to lower your body fat. Cant spot reduce anywhere which SUCKS!