Newbie needing help!

Options
Hi there, just downloaded this app and anxious to use it. However, I am perplexed as to how to add foods. For example, lunch was 2 eggs with toast and a peach. How can I add these. When I go to add foods, there isn't a list of anything so I start to add them but I have no idea how many carbs, protein, etc these foods have. I am sure to be doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• sharonjaneann
    sharonjaneann Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    when you go to the meal to which you want to add food, you should receive a page that shows a blank into which you can add your food and it will be retrieved in a data base. you have to skim down the database to find the exact food, press on it and it should be added to your meal. Good luck.
    there should be easier ways to find regularly eaten foods rather than searching everytime but I haven't discovered that yet.
    Good luck. I think we need a support page for FAQ
  • karrielynnhowardsternfan
    Options
    Hit the plus sign in lower the corner of your phone. Tap food. Tap which meal. Type your food into the search box . Tap the search or enter button on your phone:)
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    At the top there is "Search for food" put your item in there and then the database will pop up. Your egg carton will tell you how many calories per egg (grams) find the correct one in the database, click on it and then you will be able to add it to your diary...so on and so forth
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Just add them and try to hit your daily calorie goal. If you want to, you can set MFP to display carbs, fat, protein etc, but it's not necessary until you know why you would want that.

The entries themselves should have the correct values, but they don't always, so you should double check with reliable sources - USDA for produce, label for packaged items, producer if uncertain.
  • battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Maybe this will help.

jgmcifgyu4bi.png
    i3c7fd4rk1bo.png
    mu8gtbf16edp.png
    aeai4qgdatxa.png
  • battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Start from last picture and work back.