Does a part-time work from home job exist? I dont want to badger people to buy stuff.

Options
whouwannab
whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
It would be great to find a work from home part time job that doesn't involve trying to get your friends and family to buy stuff. Facebook is flooded with people selling their wares. Any other ideas?

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Bless you for realizing how unbelievably obnoxious Origami Owl, ItWorks, Mary Kay and Doterra sales pitches are to your friends. I hope you find something that works with your employment needs soon!
  • whouwannab
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    How comfortable are you with your body?

Not THAT comfortable, thanks.
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It seems unlikely, unless you have a talent for making bags or perhaps knit wear?
  • whouwannab
    Options
    Like $25,000 a year part time job.
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    ok that. maybe not. But how to videos and blogs can work their way up to being nice little earner.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Usually not anything legit, unfortunately.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I've heard of people who do medical coding from home although I'm not familiar with it myself.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    Do you have any interest in computers? If you're adept with technology and up for learning a few programming languages, you can set your own schedule and work from home using something like Freelancer, ODesk, or Indeed.
  • whouwannab
    Options
    Couple new ideas. Thanks!
  • Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bookeeping for small businesses that cannot afford a full time employee
  • CareyAnne55
    CareyAnne55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am not sure your educational background but there are online tutoring jobs, particularly for virtual schools. Each one has different requirements. $25,000 could be possible part time depending on, once again, credentials. I also believe many security monitor and customer service representatives are remote workers. I would suggest you go on a job search site (Indeed is a decent one) and do job searches in a field you would like to work in and check "online/remote" for the location. "Remote" is the term you want to use, not necessarily "work from home." Good luck!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    What is your education/skill set and/or are you willing to pay for some training if needed?
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    as a virtual administrative assistant, blog writer, or amazon mechanical turk.
  • Saskwatch99
    Saskwatch99 Posts: 75 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Depending on where you live, companies like Apple, HSN, DirecTV, Blue Cross Blue Shield have people working from home in in different capacities (customer service, sales, technical support). I live in SW Virginia and HSN has a lot of work from home jobs ( I think BCBS does, also). It can, just be difficult, to wade through all the junk listings, to find the real ones.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    www.mturk.com
    This is a site owned by amazon and provides mini-jobs like transcribing receipts and completing surveys from colleges, things of that sort. It doesn't pay a lot, but over a 6 month period of very light work on it (just a few minutes each day really) ive managed to garner 1380.00. I wont lie and say it can provide a full part time income, and the jobs don't pay as well on it as they did in its hay day, but it you pick the right jobs on the site you can make a little extra cash.

ALSO for extra cash I sell used clothing on www.vinted.com. Ive sold a lot of my clothes ive either outgrown or shrunk out of, and sometimes ill find some good cheap finds at a good will or a clearance sale and can make a small profit. Ive made about $200 dollars from this site in the past few months, but an avid seller could probably make quite a bit, I just don't have enough time to dedicate to it as I go to school and work a full time job.

ALSO if you have an up to date computer and can provide yourself a headset, convergys is always looking for at-home representatives to work customer service, which is what I do for my actual full time job. It is legit, not always fun, but you can make your own hours a lot of the time.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I've heard of people who do medical coding from home although I'm not familiar with it myself.

This. I work in Healthcare and this is a big business, especially with current medical coding updates to ICD-10 in the US. Many regions are very shorthanded when it comes to coders. You can still find transcription jobs in some areas too, but a lot of those are being phased out due to doctors being able to electronically dictate their notes now. But you may be able to find something like that still wherever you are.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    If you look on Pinterest they have lists of legitimate work from home opportunities. Just be careful with what you click on or express interest in. I never even applied for anything and I've been getting emails and calls.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I've heard of "Virtual Admin Assistants"...you could look into that...
  • cnm081912
    cnm081912 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same page here. Stay at home Mom.