Need a support system please!!

Options
Hi everyone!!! I've been using myfitnesspal since april and have lost about 15 lbs! It's the most I've lost on my own and normally once I've hit that point I kind of fall off the wagon and never get back on till I feel I have to. Well I fell back off for a little bit and gained about 3 or 4 lbs back but now I'm back on track and this is my second day tracking my food again. I really don't have a big support system and thats my biggest down fall. My mom & sister always say they will start eating better and we can do this together but after a couple of days they are back to eating their sweets again. I work with my best friend and she is not motivated to start eating right or working out either and always wants to go out for lunch or grab fast food. So I'm turning to all of yall for a support system!! Any help, advice and tips you all could give me would help greatly!! Thank you all and I hope to hear from some of you soon!! :happy:

Replies

• groovyfirechick
    Options
    hey! we are here for you! don't worry!! add me as a friend too. if you want to chat let me know!

Meri
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! The support here is amazing...feel free to add me if you like. :smile:
  • andice224
    andice224 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thank you so much!! this is just what i need!! :happy:
  • lauri62
    lauri62 Posts: 8
    Options
    I woiuld love to be your friend and support you! I feel the same way you do...there is just no way of doing this without support! :)
  • dmhaag
    dmhaag Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like -- always will to support others in return for the occassional comment back :)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    its hard when your friends and family won't do it with you - my SO refuses. I've started poking his buddha belly every time I get off the scale or feel good about how I look.

My good friend and daily lunch buddy tends to be health conscious so he is always supportive if I want to share something instead of getting our own entrees and when I ask for veggies instead of fries. It really helps!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. we all need support and this is a perfect place to get it.
  • faithgin
    faithgin Posts: 32
    Options
    add me too! i just got back from vacation and returned with a 3lb gain.
  • Terri_39
    Terri_39 Posts: 122
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • ewegner
    ewegner Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm on everyday - feel free to add me! :)
  • andice224
    andice224 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!!! I will be sure to add every one of you!!! This is already motivating me!! :)
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I need a support system too! I too have gained about 3 lbs back and dont want to gain anymore. I tracked yesterday but started working out today...I need motivation as well. If you want add me and we can encourage each other.
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too! good luck on your journey
  • shiransom
    shiransom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    We all need a good support system :) Feel free to add me!
  • ladyoffaith04
    ladyoffaith04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate. It is hard to do this lifestyle without support. I hope you add me and we will be able to help each other. I just started on this site today so I will need support also. Hope it works for you.
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I know this feeling. I lost my weight years ago but have had trouble with fluctuating and wanted to start logging my intake. MFP has helped me to see I was actually eating too little! but since starting this 2 months ago, Ive actually gotten all 3 of my sisters on it. I know one of them is losing and the others are quite new but are at least becoming more aware of what they are eating which to me is the first step to sucess!
    When they see you doing well, then they may decide to get onboard. Then you get to support each other. For now we can be your support! Add me! Blessings!
  • zennieluv
    zennieluv Posts: 4
    Options
    You can do it!!! I started my own diet on the 20th and since then I have lost 12 lbs! I just started myfitness pal and it's so awesome! I suggest you plan your meals for the week and STICK to them and be strong!!! I live with 3 roommates that love bringing home cookies and always want to go out to eat but I've stayed strong for the past 2.5 weeks and I'm excited to keep seeing my weight drop. Add me if you want any tips on how I plan and make my meals for the week! I
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome back!! I'm also a daily logging and try to work out about 5 days a week. I've lot a lot to lose so I will be here for a while. Feel free to add me for motivation and support. Right now I'm doing a Row the World game so lots of exercise for me. Woo Hoo!! :)

I'm a 32 year old mother of 4 who is also going to school full time. Just quit working for my family's pizza restaurant which has helped with my weight loss. lol I love pizza and I guess it loves me to because I'm still trying to get rid of some of it. ;)

It's nice to meet you!
  • mariposa326
    mariposa326 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'd love to give you and everyone else on here support! Feel free to add me!! I know how much the comments and cheering helps me out, so I love helping others with it, too :-)
  • Georgicallender
    Georgicallender Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    girl me too!! let's be friends!!