Hi All

Options
Hi all,

SF guy who lives at the base of San Bruno Mountain. I'm very active--biking to the summit (1K climb 2x a week, 5K 2x week, walk the dog an hour a day, etc.) but, unfortunately, I've been eating way too much. At my job, there are always conferences and meetings where meals are provided--very high quality stuff so it's hard to pass up. I'm also an amateur cook. I'm 6'3 and my ideal weight is 200 but I've gotten up to 235--yikes! Need some support to get eating under control--no problems on the exercise front.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest a book, Habit by Duhigg. I am betting you can get some ideas from there.

I used to load up on the dessert platter at buffets. They all looked so good! Now I take one appealing treat and load up the rest of the plate with fruit.

I also love to cook. I fill up the sink with soapy water during prep so I am not tempted to sample. I give away most of my creations.

Look up mindful meditation on a raisin. You can multiply the pleasure from a taste by paying attention to it. Then you don't have to go whole hog on the rest.

At work and social events load your hand with a glass of water or a Perrier. That way hosts won't pester you to take more. And your hands are otherwise occupied.

Also for work buffets, take the dessert platter for loading up your main meal to control portions. Or fill up half your plate with salad.
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ill Send You A Request, Best Place To Start Is Logging Here On MFP. If You Eat It, Log It. Stay Within Your Calorie Budget And Once Your More Comfortable, Start Trying To Lock In Those Macros For Even Quicker Results.. FOOD PREP, Is Your Best Friend HEre.. Give It A Shot If Your Haven't Already!
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Welcome. 6'3, wowza!! Good luck.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site!