A visit with the psychic

Options
bemyyfriend0918
bemyyfriend0918 Posts: 241 Member
What is your opinion on psychic readings? Do you think they're all fake? I want to do one!

Replies

• rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I dont believe in it...sorry :(
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I heard a statistic once that 90% of psychic patrons are women. The other 10% are gay men.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I think most of them are fake. I have a friend who does this for a living and I think she's pretty legit, but people like "Ms. Cleo" and whatnot are just charlatans. Most just tell you what you want to hear and charge you an arm and a leg for it.

I went to a psychic when I was about 24. She told me I was going to be married with 3 kids by the time I was in my 30's. I'm 43 and still waiting....
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Absolutely a non believer. I have been to a couple as a lark with gullible friends, and have patiently sat through the "readings". Nothing even remotely like what was predicted has ever come to pass...............
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I believe psychic readings fall under the entertainment category. It should be just for fun. No life or death decisions should be made based on a reading.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i don't buy it at all. i suppose it's possible in the way that 'anything' is possible, but the people i have known who claim to be psychic have either been really good at reading people or intentionally full of *kitten*. i think that sometimes people who are intuitive and a little out there may convince themselves that they have some abilities, but even then i hear a lot of vagueness and extrapolations made from things they already know about you.

i actually just had a reading from a woman i have known a long time, mostly because she needed the $10, and she told me i'm a special unicorn. arguably, that's worth the price of admission. :blush:
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Believer here, iv visited a physic medium once after my mother died and most of what he told me was true, meant something to me and I'd find it hard to believe a stranger could have known or said what he said to me.

It totally depends who is doing the reading, cos there are fakes out there, I would advise going to a reputable establishment such as a spiritualist church and booking a private reading with one of their mediums

:)
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You're generally not going to get favorable feedback on this topic on the Internet.

I say do it! Be open, and after the session discern whether or not the information you receive is of use to you.
  • bunnyghost
    bunnyghost Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i don't know man. i wish i believed in that stuff because it seems like fun :yum: either way it's entertaining to see what they think you wanna hear.

i went to a psychic at the fair just for fun once. i don't like dating or relationships but she kept telling me i was going to fall in love a lot in the future lol. then she basically said i was going to marry a buff white guy. so i'll come back to this post in like 10 years and let you know if it happened :lol:
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    lol @ buff white guy.
  • Thisnameischosen_
    Thisnameischosen_ Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Years ago, me and my friends got a psychic to come round and do a reading for us all on my birthday one year. We used my friends parents house for it because there were a lot of us and it would have been too cramped to fit us all in our little flats. This house was really big, beautifully decorated inside and was the perfect setting for our "magical evening".. lol.. we had candles lit and everything.. lmao..
    Anyway the psychic came and she was basically full of *kitten*. I think she assumed that the big house was mine (or my family's) with it being my birthday and then gave me readings based on that, like she thought I was rich or upper class. She kept saying things like I was going to go on a cruise (by that point I couldn't even afford to travel the country) said I would marry a doctor (where the *kitten* would I meet a doctor?? One who would be interested in marrying someone like me anyway??..) just loads of things that weren't suited to me.. it was all just made up based on the surroundings and her assuming I was part if that. Six other friends got a reading that night, nothing that she said to them came true either. It was a total scam. She didn't even say bye when she left.. I was like "wheres the psychic???" And she had bolted once she had done the last "reading".
    I think maybe some people can be legit but most are full it.
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I was in Tampa visiting my sister once when we saw one set up on the sidewalk. She told me he had been on the travel channel ... Anyway it was a pay whatever you want for a reading so I did it. This guy knew things that no one else knew about. Some semi scandalous things... My sister was laughing saying he was wrong but I had to fess up that and say no he was right. It was crazy.. def changed my mind about some of them.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    fake or not

i know they exist as i have my own abilities

go for it and see how it goes
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I've been tempted to try one but I don't want to waste my money again on someone who's going to try and tell me that I'm going to live happily ever after blah blah.
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I've been tempted to try one but I don't want to waste my money again on someone who's going to try and tell me that I'm going to live happily ever after blah blah.

This guy was super matter of fact. No rainbows or nothing. Just kind of.. I know this and this and this. When my sister laughed and said no no no he looked me dead in the eye and asked if he should stop lol.

• LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Have you ever wondered why there is handicapped parking at churches????? Because they actually heal as many people as psychics winning the lottery.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    What is your opinion on psychic readings? Do you think they're all fake? I want to do one!
    It's a scam. Why would they need your money if they could actual see into the future and pick the lottery numbers? There have been a number of scientific experiments testing psychic abilities and none panned out. But then again people will believe what they want to believe.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    kate141987 wrote: »
    Believer here, iv visited a physic medium once after my mother died and most of what he told me was true, meant something to me and I'd find it hard to believe a stranger could have known or said what he said to me.

It totally depends who is doing the reading, cos there are fakes out there, I would advise going to a reputable establishment such as a spiritualist church and booking a private reading with one of their mediums

:)
    If they were really psychic, it should all be true. If not, then they are just guessing based on how they pose a question to you.
    A common question "you recently lost a relative?" That could mean anything from a parent to a 3rd cousin. And you're like "how did they know that?"

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am psychic. At least that's what the last psychic I went to said. We went to a lady who lives in a trailer between our town and the next and her mother did the readings before she took it over. People would drive from up and down the east coast to get readings from these women year after year. You would have to spent the night in her parking lot in a line of cars (all politely remembering who was there first) and she started readings in the morning.

She apparently told one of the people in our group all sorts of things she shouldn't have known. However she didn't have anything awe inspiring to tell me other than to say I was psychic. Now, I've studied personality theory (Myers Briggs specifically) and you can take that test and probably learn more about yourself and your relationships with others than what a medium can tell you. But under the influence of a few beers one night at a bar I did tell a guy his past based on essentially "reading' his Myers Briggs type - down to the fact that he'd been in the Army, etc. He was astounded, but it's just intuition and a little research on personality... I'd imagine if you do it day in and day out you can impress quite a few people.