More sweat during the day if you workout in the AM?

I find that if I workout early on in the day I break a sweat with just about any kind of movement...even the simple things like moving a couple of file boxes at work. It would be nice if that extra sweating meant that I was burning more calories throughout the day. :D

Does this also happen to any of you out there?

Have happy Tuesday you guys.

Replies

• pinkangel273
    pinkangel273 Posts: 1 Member
    Yes it happen to me while im doing house chore,
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    nope. i only work out in the mornings, and have for 2 years now. lol i also dont sweat much in general, though.

everyone is different.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    sweating doesn't mean anything in terms of calorie burn... some people don't sweat at all when they workout, but it doesn't mean that they aren't burning calories.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    I have an excessive sweating problem, so I sweat all the time. I sweat in the middle of Winter just walking to the shop. I wish it did mean I was burning more fat :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    I haven't noticed that, no. I run every other morning before work and haven't noticed that I'm more liable to sweat during the day on the running days vs. the non-running days. Now I'll have to pay attention, though, because this morning's run was 84°F and 60% humidity and I was very sweaty when I was done with 4 miles.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    If I do cardio, yes - I sweat, and will continue to do so until my body completely cools down. I work out/run an lunch, take a shower, and am still sweating when I come back to the office. I turn on fans to cool me down, and it definitely does take a while.
  • fitkaymfp
    fitkaymfp Posts: 5 Member
    Yes! This happens to me after my AM workouts, glad I'm not the only one! :D
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Yes this happens to me. Up to a few hours after I'm done lifting, I still sweat a lot regardless of the temperature or what I'm doing.

To be fair though, I seem to be a sweaty human being as is. I always have been! :smiley:
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    YES!!! When I workout before work - I can take a cool shower, put on makeup, get dressed, drive to work and find I am still sweaty and hot when I sit down at my desk 90 or so minutes later. Usually by it wears off as the day progresses though...
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    If I do cardio, yes - I sweat, and will continue to do so until my body completely cools down. I work out/run an lunch, take a shower, and am still sweating when I come back to the office. I turn on fans to cool me down, and it definitely does take a while.

This type of thing, sure. I purposefully wait about 30 minutes between finishing my morning run and getting into the shower for this reason. If I try to jump right in I'm still sweating for awhile after the shower which sort of defeats the purpose.

I don't think it's what the OP was asking, though.