Getting back to my roots

Options
I have been a part of this site for quite some time but this is the first time I have ever used the message board feature. My Specs: I am 28 years old, a mom to a 3 year old little boy, a wife, an office manager and a solid 50 pounds over weight. Damn, that last bit was a little hard to type.

I seem to go through the same slump in the fall as most people. I live in Minnesota and so the impending winter weather seems to shut me down. I get cooped up in the house, my activity fails and I become a couch potato at best. For many, many years I just accepted the fact that I would gain 10 pound over the holidays but that it would fall back off once the weather got nice; this was true until I had my son. Now after a few years those pounds have really started to add up.

I have done different programs over the years: weight watchers, beach body, etc and have had the same short term success that many of us have had but the results didn't last. So I have decided now that I am starting over for the last time. One thing about me that I haven't mentioned and that I am especially proud of is my status as a military veteran. At the age of 17 I left home two serve my country as a helicopter mechanic. I have never been in better shape. So I went back to my boot camp workouts. I feel great, the work is hard but I never regret doing it. I am hoping to have this weight off in a little less than a year. I know it's a lofty goal but I know if I stay true I can do it.

Replies