Ben & Jerry's vs Häagen-Dazs

Options

Replies

• _annevalerie
    _annevalerie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Both are good! But I think I'm team Haag!
  • cinnag4225
    cinnag4225 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wepz wrote: »
    Ben & Jerry's or Häagen-Dazs, which do you prefer?

Used to be a diehard Häagen-Dazs fan until President's Choice started making premium varieties. Currently I'm hooked on the Loads of Cherries variety.
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I prefer Häagen daz (cheese cake) but will go for Ben and Jerrys (cookie dough) if it's on offer.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Haagen Dazs! Their caramel gelato is to die for, I have yet to find anything that matches it, it's just as good as something I'd get from a local creamery! Besides, Shoprite usually marks it down to $1.88 per pint whereas B&Js never really drops below $2.88. Also, Haagen Dazs has 3.5 servings a pint instead of 4, making me feel slightly better when I do end up eating all the servings instead of only one like the glutton I am >~>
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    mgogs7244f18.jpg
    I wish they'd release more flavors in stores already! HEB is within driving distance, a Baskin Robbins is not.

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Before my blood sugar went blammo, I liked Ben & Jerry's. But even sans 'beetus, I'm not willing to give up my entire dinner for 1/2 cup of ice cream.... I guess I should try one of those low cal halo top things if I can find it somewhere around here.
  • Dekayla13
    Dekayla13 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's!!!! Today I found Halo Top ice cream and to be honest it's amazing! I'd say it even rivals ben & jerry's! Kinda pricey but the chocolate mocha that I bought is 280 cals for..the..whole..pint!!! So worth every penny. (I hated artic zero, made me wanna rip out my tongue and run over it with my car :s )
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's between the two, unless Haagen-Dazs chocolate sorbet is available...That stuff's great. But Talenti gelato wins hands down. The fancy-pants grocery store I live next to came out with their own line of ice cream, and it's crazy wonderful, too. My freezer currently has 8 pints and 2 quarts of ice cream/gelato in it.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Tillamook, specifically, this one. It's the only flavor I ever buy.

5cjzxrcli8lj.jpg
  • 87sid
    87sid Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's Karamel Sutra.
    Talenti Coffee Chocolate Chip is my all time fav. But I can't buy it or I'll over eat it. Before that it was Starbucks Chocolate chip Frappuccino. Other than these three, I don't really like ice cream.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options
    Ben and who? :wink:

Haagen-Dazs strawberry cheescake all the way. (Actually their lemon cheesecake was even better but i can't find it anywhere now!)
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I first got turned onto Haagen Dazs in 1967, when there were only three flavors: vanilla, chocolate and coffee. It was really good quality stuff back then, no corn syrup, just milk, cream, eggs, sugar, etc. I suspect that as the company grew and got bought out and corporatized, the quality has suffered, as it usually does when trying to maximize profits.
    These days I don't often eat ice cream, but when I do, I prefer Talenti gelato. Their Sea Salt Caramel is as good as sex (as one who has had a long and varied life, I can say this). They make a caramel apple pie that's pretty amazing, and their black cherry is second to none.
    Just my take on this...
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Haagen-Dazs. I have yet to find a B&J flavor that could be described as better than mediocre and definitely worth the calories. I've about completely given up on B&J.

Yesterday I followed a recommendation posted here for So Delicious's Salted Caramel Crunch and forget both Haagen-Dazs and B&J, I don't even need dairy ice cream anymore. It is so freaking good!
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!

Seriously best fight ever. I like both but prefer Ben & Jerry's for a variety of reasons. I think my preworkout carbs may be a small ice cream today. Yum.
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's all the way.

Phish Food and Half Baked (regular and fro-yo too)
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Haagen Dazs Vanilla Swiss Almond, Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk.

Trader Joe's Mint Chocolate Chip - delicious!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I'll eat either. But I do love Ben and Jerry's because I love chunks, caramel, nuts, monkeys, and phish in my ice cream!
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Both good but different.

Far as folks thinking Halo Top is better, you can have all mine. I thought it was bad, so bad you can't even give it to the dog(poison).