Plexus Products

Options
Has anyone used Plexus products? If so, did it help you crave less sugar and feel in better health / spirits? I understand that calorie deficit is key, but looking for thoughts on these products to enhance / assist efforts. In advance, thanks for your feedback.

Replies

• minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Overpriced crap....you won't get much love for any of the scams....
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen anyone rave about these products. But I get it...they are priced ridiculously high.
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I suspected it. I bought a month's supply because I had been advised that it would help me manage my PCOS and hypothyroidism. The first time I tried it, I got bad headaches and stopped. I thought about giving it another try since I have the product anyway, but then thought I should get some feedback before I do so since I am on a standard vitamin regime that has been helping me feel more energetic.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    artslady96 wrote: »
    Yeah, I suspected it. I bought a month's supply because I had been advised that it would help me manage my PCOS and hypothyroidism. The first time I tried it, I got bad headaches and stopped. I thought about giving it another try since I have the product anyway, but then thought I should get some feedback before I do so since I am on a standard vitamin regime that has been helping me feel more energetic.

If you want help managing your condition, see a doctor. Maybe a dietitian can help. No overpriced vitamin or electrolyte supplement will help you, and nobody hocking them can give you advice.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    There are no MLM products that can cure/manage/improve medical conditions. This is the bunk they push to get "coaches" to con people into buying their crap. Sorry you were duped, but I would strongly advise avoiding these schemes.
  • artslady96
    Options
    Yes, I have an endocrinologist appointment in two months that I made two months ago. The vitamins are a way to get by until that appointment since my old endocrinologist refuses to give me a Synthroid refill since I ask to use diet instead of Victoza to manage PCOS since I am not insulin resistant and would prefer not to become dependent on it if I don't have to.
  • artslady96
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    There are no MLM products that can cure/manage/improve medical conditions. This is the bunk they push to get "coaches" to con people into buying their crap. Sorry you were duped, but I would strongly advise avoiding these schemes.

Well, at least it was only a one-month supply.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have an endocrinologist appointment in two months that I made two months ago. The vitamins are a way to get by until that appointment since my old endocrinologist refuses to give me a Synthroid refill since I ask to use diet instead of Victoza to manage PCOS since I am not insulin resistant and would prefer not to become dependent on it if I don't have to.

Have you tried lowering your carb intake to see if this helps not only weight management, but also PCOS. There is plenty of research out there that says lower carb (30%) is better for this. May want to try.
  • artslady96
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »

Have you tried lowering your carb intake to see if this helps not only weight management, but also PCOS. There is plenty of research out there that says lower carb (30%) is better for this. May want to try.

That is the main reason I returned to my fitness pal. I know that a low-carb diet is best, and I know that this program will help me to track. I'm also gradually going gluten-free, reduced Dairy, and contemplating grain-free. Thanks for the advice.
  • becfrogs
    becfrogs Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Depending on when you purchased your plexus products you may be able to get a refund since there is a full 60 day money back guarantee.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    My only friend who used them, raved about them, and sold them is now working with a medical weight loss program because obviously they didn't work.
  • luv2shimmy
    luv2shimmy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I tried Plexus as I have a friend who is fighting breast cancer who tried it and raves about it. All it did was make my migraines way worse. So, I decided to ditch it. But when I tried to do the 60 day money back guarantee, I called and got the authorization code, mailed them back and somehow it took more than 60 days for the package to arrive at their location.... or so they said anyway. Bottom line, out a couple hundred dollars with more migraines and no actual weight loss to show for it.

Back to the CI<CO - it works.
  • mulberry_xoxo
    mulberry_xoxo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think its shameful how MLMs like Plexus will tell people it will help medical conditions. It's one thing to say they help you lose weight (if they put you in a calorie deficit, then arguably they're helping you lose weight), but it's morally reprehensible how they will tell you that it can help medical conditions.

First of all guys, PLEXUS DOES NOT SAY THEY WILL HELP WITH MEDICAL CONDITIONS. The people who say that are the ambassadors who try and upsell the product. My boyfriend works in compliance at plexus and they have a team that is constantly looking for people on social media sites who do this, and they tell them they have to remove it. Plexus USED to be a weight loss supplement that did in fact help people lose weight. Now they are more towards health supplements and vitamins. They actually just did a study to where if you take the pink drink like you're supposed to, you will lose weight. But plexus itself does not advertise that it helps with medical conditions.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I think its shameful how MLMs like Plexus will tell people it will help medical conditions. It's one thing to say they help you lose weight (if they put you in a calorie deficit, then arguably they're helping you lose weight), but it's morally reprehensible how they will tell you that it can help medical conditions.

The FDA has told Plexus they cannot claim to help improve conditions. See the above referenced warning letter (since @mandalynn120 beat me to it).
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    S C A M ..there are a lot of them..because losing weight is a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Industry.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Our local ambassador had this story this morning.......

Their friend just had a newborn. With that they were having a hard time pumping 14oz of milk per day...started with "pink drink" now they're miraculously pumping 14oz by noon.

That was a good one. I remember one where she claimed it cured arthritis.

auddii wrote: »
    The FDA has told Plexus they cannot claim to help improve conditions. See the above referenced warning letter.

Really? I see at least 1-2 of these on my FB feed daily.