Belly Dancing

Options
My belly is my problem area and though I know I can not reduce a specific area through any exercise I have always found belly dancing as a beautiful dance and the jingly belts memorize me. Does anyone have suggestions for a good place to find a belt and get started DVD for cheap?

Replies

• JackieJ13
    JackieJ13 Posts: 93
    Options
    I have no idea...but there is a belly dancing section on my Zumba Kinect game and I LOVE it too! :smile:
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Hi Hufflypuff, I don't know where you can get a belt from. Maybe check your phone book to see if there are any belly dance studios in your area. They might sell the belts.

When you say cheap, what price are you looking for?

Check Amazon for bellydance by Neon. Bellydance First Steps is an instructional and workout dvd set. I own it. I haven't really exercise to it yet. I have workout out to other bellydance workouts, but I wanted an instructional and workout dvd, so I bought Bellydance First Steps by Neon.

Check it out on youtube to see if this is what you are looking for. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3MzH654FTQ
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Check out these short lessons on www.bellydanceboulevard.com, the videos are also on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBqXxXL-6jo Not sure where you can buy a belt... I live in Turkey, so they are sold everywhere!
    If you want to lose fat from your belly, unfortunately you can't sport reduce, but choosing your carbs carefully and cutting back on processed sugars will help a lot. Good Luck!!
  • hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Zumba for the kinect has belly dancing? I feel like I should be ashamed. I didn't know that and I have played the game (for like 5 minutes) and work at GameStop. But lets talk about kinect games. I love dance central because of its ease of use compared to the other dance games for the kinect. Dance Central 2 and Just Dance 3 come out this fall for the kinect. As for the acctual exercise games EA Active is kinda slow to transition between activities but its diversity is nice. As for Your Shape It made me do the same thing for like 40 minutes and though those muscles of my body were worked hard I felt like it was boring. Any time I play kinectadventures I hurt for 3 days afterward. So much bending and jumping and stretching!
  • queen_bea
    queen_bea Posts: 118
    Options
    check out ebay! :)
  • Sesilje
    Sesilje Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have any tips since I'm in Sweden. Well, hip scarves can be ordered from the European site turkishemporium.co.uk, but I'm sure there are plenty American sites around that will charge you less postage.

Belly dance is great fun, and really good exercise. I did it for 2,5 years and learned to move my body in entirely new ways - that I can also adapt to use on a regular dance floor. :-)

I have moved on to the couple dance zouk, and remain vastly grateful for my belly dancing classes. Without them I would have struggled with my dance moves, but now everything flows freely.
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    You can find the belts cheap and all kind of bellydancing dvd online on ebay or amazon or if you live near a pretty girl clothing store you can get the belt there.