5 K in 9 weeks challenge

Vik4a
Vik4a Posts: 8 Member
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi guys,
I am totally new here, and I would like to accomplish 5K in 9 weeks challenge (as in the Coach to 5K App). I am a very poor runner, but wanna do it and would be happy to have some friends who also would like to participate :)

Add me in if you wanna do it! And lets make a ticker for that!

http://tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php

Replies

• I am doing my first 5k walk on Saturday. Good Luck!!!!

Sarah
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    I startedd yesterday. no probs with it but have been doing about thaqt much jogging with my walking anyway. see how my walk/jogs go
  • parsnipou
    parsnipou Posts: 32 Member
    Hi Vik, I have just registered today but would be interested to join you for a 5K challenge. I ran long time ago and would like to get back to it so I will follow you on this one. Good luck!
    Anne-Laure
  • Vik4a
    So the first week goes as following:

3 times a week:
    warming up: 5 min, then alternating 60 sec jogging with 90 sec walking (for 20 min), then cool down for 5 min. Lets do it :)
  • mandysjourney
    D1 I managed 3.5km in the 30 min so not too bad average 7km/hr
    I am sure I dont log it right but not too worried about that
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    Good luck. Im on week 7. I started off not being able to run and now I can run 30mins, keep at it and you will too!
  • Vik4a
    Thats great! I hope to see you on the other side of 5k in 9 weeks :)
  • parsnipou
    I just saw your post this morning (German time) after I went for my first run in years so did not really follow the program even if I did some intervals. I will try tomorrow. It was tough today since my lungs were really burning when I was running but after I really felt great to have done it. We will make it! Have a great day
  • Vik4a
    Cool that you run all the time (if I understood it correctly :)), I wish I will do it soon also! By the way, after one week of sport (30 min a day) I lost 1 kg in a week! Yuhooo! so excited!!! :)))I also do some swimming and carrying baby all the time :)))
  • parsnipou
    In fact I started with 3 mn walking, 3 mn running +/- and finished by 1km running only. I can easily imagine that you can see the difference after one week, already this first day of exercise makes me feel more toned, it is probably just imagination but nevertheless it is great to feel like this :)
    I just walked today with a friend , but I will do it tomorrow since I really want to be able to run easily again one day...in 9 weeks time ;). I know that this feeling of well being after a good run when you are fit enough to enjoy is really worth the efforts that we are doing now. Well done for this first one kg lost and this week of persistence and good continuation!
  • mandysjourney
    congrats on the weight loss following week 1

I have jsut started week 2 today. 90sec jog and 2 min walk. Went ok but not sure if I should be picking up the pace more with the jog or just work on pace later.
This discussion has been closed.