Neeew!

Options
I used to weigh 130lbs(last April), but this past year on the depo shot...I gained almost 70 lbs(I'm now 198lbs). I'm wanting to get back down to my normal weight, as I'm not comfortable with myself at all.

If you have any exercises/workouts or healthy meals/snacks/drinks, please send them my way! I'm having a hard time staying away from stuff I wanna eat, so new suggestions would be nice! Oh, and I'd love to have some new friends with me on this so I can stay motivated

Replies

• jbrady574
    jbrady574 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi kahla
  • akutozo
    akutozo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good morning Kahla, as you can see from my profile pic I know what it's like to have vices (Beer, bacon, more bacon, mmm... bacon...).

That being said, the first thing you have to do if you have an unhealthy fridge is purge it. Give it to friends or to the trash, but don't rationalize waiting till X day to diet because you can't let X vice go to waste.

Second, don't try to eat like a pro bodybuilder when you're trying to be a weight loser. Start off small & simple. Buy seasonings mixes (Garlic & Herb, BBQ seasoning, Motreal, "Kickin Chicken" and lots of chicken breast. Don't be afraid of leftovers and cook a few days in advance. Try switching to some salads. Hate salad? Find a simple one you like. For me, it was Caesar. If you get bored too easy, try this: https://www.eatthismuch.com/diet-plan/500-calorie/

Next, be consistent. Gyms are nice but daily changes are better. Take the long way to walk to things. If something is across the street (and it's safe) walk instead of drive. You'd be surprised how many extra calories you can burn outside the gym doing simple, mundane tasks.