New Vegetarian

Options
Hello everyone. I have just started a vegetarian way of life. I want a more natural way to weight loss and one that I can see improved health with as well. Any vegetarians out there want to share their experience?

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm all for vegetarianism, but why is becoming a vegetarian for weight loss healthier or more natural than consuming meat..?
  • cowgoo
    cowgoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm an on and off again "vegetarian". I have eliminated gluten, dairy and grains from my diet. The only "meats" I eat are responsibly caught tuna, wild caught salmon and free roam eggs. Becoming a vegetarian will not make you lose weight. There are many unhealthy foods out there that are free of meat. When I first eliminated the dairy, I ate many foods that contained soy. I've now replaced those foods with healthier alternatives. I didn't come across a vegetarian "meat" at the grocery store that didn't contain soy. I started off by eating a lot of beans and rice.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    So you're becoming vegetarian for we get loss? That alone will not cause weight loss. As a vegetarian you have to watch your calories and macros like everyone else.
  • KristyMichelle716
    KristyMichelle716 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If you are conscientious in eating whole foods as opposed to processed foods, you will find yourself stocking up on a lot more veggies and fruit than before, which is a great thing for overall health! If you haven't checked them out yet, I suggest One Green Planet as an amazing resource for vegan recipes, environmental and animal welfare issues, and general information for a plant-based lifestyle: onegreenplanet.org