Myrtle Beach - Restaurant Reccomendations?

Options
LolBroScience
LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
GF & I are headed to Myrtle Beach, SC last week of August and need some restaurant spots. Posting here in hopes there are some locals or individuals who have vacationed there in order to make sure that there are no sleeper restaurants.

So far, we have a list of "Must Hits" and another list that includes places a bit lower on the totem pole (but still very interested. Not all that interested in fine dining places.... greater preference for unique foods, diners, gastropubs and such with larger portions. No particular types of cuisine are off limits....

Must Hits:
  • ART Burger & Sushi
  • Carolina Roadhouse
  • Johnny D's Waffles & Bakery
  • Atlas Tap House
  • Coccadott's

Other Interests:
  • Pulaski Deli
  • Simply Southern Smokehouse
  • Captain George's Seafood
  • Capriccio
  • River Street Sweets
  • Donut Man
  • Lulu's Cafe
  • Lulu's Donuts
  • Kirk's Ice Cream
  • New South Brewing
  • Ducati's Pizzeria & Trattoria

Any MUSTS I'm missing?

Replies

• benmullins4
    benmullins4 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    California Pizza has the BEST wings!
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Carolina roadhouse is awesome; their house salad and their rolls are so yummy! River street sweets has the best pralines. I know you aren't interested in fine dining but I have to throw it out there...Umbertos @ barefoot landing is really good!
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    We went to myrtle beach when my oldest was about four. He loved the NASCAR cafe! :)
  • philbanet
    philbanet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Used to love that NASCAR Cafe. Was very sad when it closed.
  • dozenmonkeyz
    dozenmonkeyz Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Godfather's pizza is one I never pass up when I'm there. Lots of good options, have fun
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    philbanet wrote: »

Oh, I didn't know it was closed. Now I'm sad :(
  • philbanet
    philbanet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    philbanet wrote: »

Oh, I didn't know it was closed. Now I'm sad :(

Sorry :(
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Make the trip to Calabash for some seafood. O....M....G
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    River city cafe has interesting food choices, but not for the macro minded lol. Also at ocean sands they have ocean Annie's for outside live music and a river city at same place . Hotel ain't the best but we go there often. Enjoy! I'll be there sometime around the 25th
  • autumn_skye
    autumn_skye Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    River City Cafe has the best burgers and really good service.... They have a couple of locations, but I have always been to the one at Barefoot Landing.

Also, take a drive down to Murrells Inlet and check out Dead Dog Saloon. Great seafood, great bar, and great atmosphere- right on the water and live music some evenings.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Appreciate the additional insight!
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    River city cafe has interesting food choices, but not for the macro minded lol. Also at ocean sands they have ocean Annie's for outside live music and a river city at same place . Hotel ain't the best but we go there often. Enjoy! I'll be there sometime around the 25th

Glad this place was mentioned multiple times... don't know how i overshot it. I am very macro-minded, but I've been working on loosening up a bit. GF is a huge burger fan too, so she'll be thrilled.
  • rebel_26
    Options
    If you like hanging outside for live music the bands aren't bad . That hotel has a club inside it that packs up at 11 ...some good people watching lol
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Bimini's Oyster Bar is one of our favorite places to go when we go to Myrtle. We have been going there for over 20 years. They have live music and awesome seafood. It can get pretty crowded in the summer, but its a great local hang out. It has a very laid back, fun atmosphere.
  • EricNewark
    EricNewark Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    +1 Murrells Inlet -- check out Creek Rats (not healthy option, most is fried but fun place and they have some good options) and also next door, Drunken Jacks. AWESOME hush puppies (I normally don't like HP but these are awesome). Never had a bad dinner there. Little pricier - and get there early as we have had to leave due to 2+ hour wait time in the evenings. That's when we tend to end up at Creek Rats instead.. lol

We lived in Surf Side for a while - we went down to Murrells a couple times a month.
  • Dtester510
    Dtester510 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    River City Café and the BBQ House. They are both in Surfside Beach.
  • rebel_26
    Options
    If you happen to hit up ocean Annie's look for me I'm bald and got a nasty road rash on my left shoulder blade. I'll be in sands club after 11pm from now till sat night. I'll buy you and the ms a drink if you find me. We can post a selfie in forums . Would be pretty cool.