First time consistent with app and seeing results!

Options
Hi everyone, I'm one month in and down 9 pounds. My goal is to lose 80 pounds...wow, that's hard to say! It's not as fast as I would desire it to be, but becoming overweight didn't happen overnight either. I've noticed increased hunger this fourth week even after eating a meal and hitting my calorie count. Has anyone experienced this and is there something that you've done to curb the hunger pains?

Replies

• sheenasamdog681
    sheenasamdog681 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm two months in and have had the same ppoblem. I started to drink a large glass of water before I eat and it seems to have done the job. Good luck. Sheena UK
  • musicathy
    musicathy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would say, make sure you incorporate protein and fiber with every meal, that will help you feel full. You can also add a ton of leafy greens to your diet, that helps you feel fuller too and you get the satisfaction of getting to eat a LOT of it for very few calories. The other thing I find too that if I feel hungry but know that I've eaten enough/hit my goal is that if I have a tea that can help - there are so many great flavours of loose leaf tea especially, it can almost seem as though I'm eating. But if you're really truly hungry, id say opt for something low cal/low carb and go slightly over your goal anyways - 50 calories won't get rid of your deficit, you'll still have a loss.
  • philbanet
    philbanet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When I first started and cut the calories, I wasn't often feeling hungry between meals. In speaking with my doctor, she actually *wants* me to start feeling hungry because that means my metabolism is kicking in. Just starting to get to that point now after 4 months using the app and dieting. Not fun to feel hungry, but I'm glad she warned me it was coming!
  • Jewlzzz
    Jewlzzz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will incorporate all these suggestions.