Stupid brain!

Options
So I've lost 11lb so far but have another 38lb to go to reach my goal weight. I'm mentally finding it very difficult though. My brain keeps telling me to eat all the things I shouldn't and I'm craving things so bad, not chocolate surprisingly! I really want tomato soup! Lol. Anyway! No matter how much I try to distract myself I just keep coming back to thoughts of food! The food I am eating and counting just doesn't seem to satisfy me. Hope I'm not approaching a wall, I don't want to fail and ruin my 11lb loss hard work but my stupid brain just won't turn off! Help!

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Set at 1200. I work two days a week and look after my 3yo five days a week so time to properly exercise is out of the question at the moment. The problem is that even if I do eat more , mentally my cravings are still there.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Are join netting 1200? Weighing and measuring all your intake?
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Religiously weighing and measuring. No, don't always net 1200 if I'm perfectly honest.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Netting below 1200? What are your stats? How is your protein and fiber intake?
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    edited August 2016
    Options
    40p/30c/30f
    5'6"
    194lb
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Your brain isn't stupid. There is no food you "shouldn't" eat. It's very important that you eat food that satisfies you, because the alternative to unsatisfying food these days isn't "nothing, then" but "EAT ALL THE FOODS".

You need to eat enough. Shoot for 1 pound loss per week. You need to eat food you like. Your setup provides a heap of protein and very little fat, which makes it difficult to compose good meals. 1400 calories and 25p/35c/40f is far easier to stick to, easier to match with a variety of nutrient rich foods, and increases your chance of sticking to a calorie deficit, which is kinda crucial.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    I always go over on protein at the moment anyway!
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    you should open your diary so people can give advice.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Opened x
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    okay if your log is correct you are hungry and constantly thinking about food because you are not eating enough

You are often below 1200...sometimes below 1k, which is not healthy at all.

My suggestion is to go back and setup your profile with 1lb a week weight loss...
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

eat those calories...all of them.

I lost 50+lbs eating about 1500 a day plus exercise calories which worked out to about 200-300 more a day.

The only thing you have right now is the protein...you are doing well.

• Camish911
    Camish911 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I haven't read this book, but I've heard good things about it and it is on my "To Read" list. You could see if you can check it out from your local library before spending money on a copy.

The Thin Woman's Brain: Rewiring the Brain for Permanent Weight Loss by Dilia Surie
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/250239/tomato-soup/
    You can make this 158 cal per serving and if you use milk instead of half/half that will cut it down even more.
    What else you have a craving for I can find a recipe. :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options

I do understand it is difficult to eat just a little when you are craving a lot, but please realize that this is not criticism. On your budget of 1200 calories, a bar of fudge is not giving you the bulk, nutrients, or fat your body wants. There are ways to pack more fiber, nutrition, and fat into your day and stay nearer 1200.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Why is it not healthy though? I'm still eating meals and losing weight?
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Eat much more, and start moving more...include your 3 year old when you move...walking, jumping, playing, climbing: all burn calories. You don't need a gym to move your body. Many people on here have multiple kids, and still manage to "workout". As for wanting tomato soup, EAT IT!! Eat it every day if you want! If you increase your calories by a couple of hundred, you'll have room for soup and whatever else you're craving, and you will probably have way more energy every day to MOVE MORE!
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Your body needs a certain number of calories to function properly. Eat more. Why wouldn't you eat tomato soup if you want it?

If you consistently try to eat this little, you will inevitably fall off of the wagon and will not be successful.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Whoa hold up love, I don't sit down for anymore than 5 minutes when my son is awake! all day I'm playing, climbing, walking, looking etc with him! So don't you dare presume I do nothing with him. I just don't have enough money to join a gym or have enough energy once he goes to bed to do an exercise DVD. Do u have children? If so, you'll understand how knackered you feel come the end of each day!