Lost 200+ Pounds and Moving to the Next Level

Hi! I'm new here. I've lost over 200 pounds without weight loss surgery or crazy diets and I'm ready for the next level. I got kind of comfy here the past 3 or so years because I wasn't as uncomfortable as I used to be. That tends to wear off. My back is still a mess of disk problems and I now need knee replacements among other issues. I don't tend to let those things stop me. I concentrate on what I can do, rather than what I can't. Beginning my journey, I was bedridden and feeling pretty hopeless. It was that kind of focus on WHAT CAN I DO that helped me so much. My shoulders have torn rotator cuffs now, so the arm bike I used to use is less feasible now. I got a different arm bike to try. I'm hoping the tension and stride to it will make it less difficult on my shoulders. I also have a desk cycle to work my lower body. I do use my walker for distance walking- but you might laugh at what I consider distance with my bum knees. My eating is fairly healthy, but even too much healthy food can lead to not losing weight or weight gain. I'm diabetic, so I watch not only the quality of my food, but the quantity as well.

That's kind of an intro to me and where I'm at.
e14sh0oihecn.jpg

Replies

• justcindy59
    justcindy59 Posts: 904 Member
    Congratulations, I know how hard it is to keep going when the amount to lose is overwhelming. I have also reach the 200 pounds off mark and still have 30# to go. You look beautiful and happy. Keep going strong.
  • plami92
    plami92 Posts: 24 Member
    You`ve done an amazing job! Good for you :)
  • Kath8225
    Kath8225 Posts: 14 Member
    Congratulations girl, you are amazing!! :)
  • KristyMichelle716
    KristyMichelle716 Posts: 30 Member
    Congratulations!!!!!!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    You are amazing and you look healthy and happy!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Way to go!! :)
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Congratulations. You look amazing. I know how great you must feel. :)
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Awesome determination! Congrats!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Great attitude and stellar determination! Go you!!!!
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 218 Member
    Great job! Love your attitude. You look incredible!
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,448 Member
    Wow! You have come so far, and you have an amazing attitude for dealing with your physical issues and diabetes. I need to take a page out of your book, for sure!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Great job, especially in the face of challenges. You are definitely committed and determined to find solutions. Way to go!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    That is an incredible accomplishment! Congrats!
  • FindingLaurie
    FindingLaurie Posts: 32 Member
    Hey, it's IndyGirl! :-) I got both knees replaced 4 years ago, and it changed my life. It will change yours, too. You've long been an inspiration to me. Thank you!!
  • heartnsoulfit
    heartnsoulfit Posts: 32 Member
    Hi, Laurie!!!
  • learningandlosing
    learningandlosing Posts: 4 Member
    You're an inspiration. I need to lose over 200 pounds and stories like yours will keep me motivated. Keep up the good work!
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    For a minute there I thought I was reading my own posting. I too have lost over 200 and came from being bedridden with multiple disc and physical problems. I totally know where you came from and am so happy you are where you are now. I know how hard you worked for this huge weight loss. You are looking so happy and healthy and I am sure the next level will bring even greater happiness and health to you. CONGRATULATIONS and keep pushing despite the pain.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Wow love your can do attitude!
  • fannieadamz
    fannieadamz Posts: 3 Member
    Congratulations. That's what I call courageous.
  • positivehope1
    positivehope1 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey Beth. Found you again. Hugs!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!