High Impact Bras

Options
Hi ladies, do any of you wear high impact bras and if so, what brand are they? I can only seem to find mid impact. Thanks.

Replies

• SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I have 8 of these. I'm a 38 DDD, and they are wonderful. They feel quite tight at first, but your boobs do NOT bounce. I also like that they clasp in the back and don't require pulling over your head, which, with big boobs and when sweaty is NOT a pleasant experience, unless you're a contortionist.

champion.com/shop/champion/womens-workout/sports-bras/best-selling/champion-full-support-sports-bra-ch1602
  • nat_meister
    nat_meister Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a double D and this is BY FAR my favorite sports bra. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GNU2400/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort, Enell, and Shock Absorber are high impact. I wear Enell for rebounding - nothing moves. Seriously ugly though. Will try Moving Comfort next.
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    breakoutbras.com has some awesome ones with reviews too. I can't remember the one I bought off-hand (I think it's Enell), but you can read the info on each sports bra and they come with recommendations. Totally recommend that site for awesome bras!
  • debrahbeger
    debrahbeger Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use to be a DDD and had to wear 2 bras at the gym (since weight loss I am now a DD) but I tried the Victoria's secret "incredible" bra and absolutely love it!!!!!
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I order mine online and prefer Under Armor brand.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I hate the Moving Comfort/Enell/Shock Aborber type but they are for sure the heaviest impact ones out there IMO. I feel like they're practically choking me though and I hate the "encapsulation" feeling, plus I have trouble getting a band as snug as I like.

I'm small ribcage/big bust (around a 28FF if I'm buying bras like Freya or Panache) and I feel most comfortable and supported in the Lululemon Ta-Ta Tamer in a 32DD or Victoria's Secret Knockout in the same. Even though the bands are a 32 they still seem to fit me more or less correctly and they are a lot less suffocating feeling than the really heavy-duty brands, but of course if you're bigger you'll have more tissue to deal with and might need those.

My best advice is to find something that clasps in the front or back, because nothing pull-on is ever going to be snug enough to do its job.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I hate the Moving Comfort/Enell/Shock Aborber type but they are for sure the heaviest impact ones out there IMO. I feel like they're practically choking me though and I hate the "encapsulation" feeling, plus I have trouble getting a band as snug as I like.

I'm small ribcage/big bust (around a 28FF if I'm buying bras like Freya or Panache) and I feel most comfortable and supported in the Lululemon Ta-Ta Tamer in a 32DD or Victoria's Secret Knockout in the same. Even though the bands are a 32 they still seem to fit me more or less correctly and they are a lot less suffocating feeling than the really heavy-duty brands, but of course if you're bigger you'll have more tissue to deal with and might need those.

My best advice is to find something that clasps in the front or back, because nothing pull-on is ever going to be snug enough to do its job.

Absolutely^

Fit will be critical. Clasps in the front are very nice. Tried one on with a criss-cross design & a clasp in the back. OMG! I couldn't get that thing hooked to save my life.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    38DD here. New Balance Shockingly Unshocking. I've tried the Moving Comfort but they don't fit as well and chafe. New Balance is in the same price range.
  • goodwintina
    goodwintina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also own a couple of New Balance Shockingly Unshocking sports bra and love it for running. I am 36DD and no longer have to wear two bras to OrangeTheory or running! I purchase them on Amazon, I believe there is free returns in case it doesn't fit right.
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,854 Member
    Options
    I weighed 232 pounds and the enell was the absolute best bra for me. Nothing moved at all but like someone else said, they aren't particularly pretty. I've lost 80 pounds to date and right now I wear the moving comfort maia. I like the fit but the strap adjusters are on the back. When I paddle and wear my PFD, they are uncomfortable. I am on week 4 of the C25K program and so far they aren't an issue when running. Perhaps if I was going a longer distance they might rub though. I bought the moving comfort Juno, wore it around the house for the evening, and took it back to the store. It just didn't feel good on my shoulder blades. Plus it was crazy to get on and off! I cant imagine how you'd do it if you were sweaty! Perhaps you can try buying a couple and doing that. Not get all sweaty in them, but just wear them for a bit and see how they feel and keep the best one.

Good luck :)