Lost 200+ Pounds and Moving to the Next Level

Options
Hi! I'm new here. I've lost over 200 pounds without weight loss surgery or crazy diets and I'm ready for the next level. I got kind of comfy here the past 3 or so years because I wasn't as uncomfortable as I used to be. That tends to wear off. My back is still a mess of disk problems and I now need knee replacements among other issues. I don't tend to let those things stop me. I concentrate on what I can do, rather than what I can't. Beginning my journey, I was bedridden and feeling pretty hopeless. It was that kind of focus on WHAT CAN I DO that helped me so much. My shoulders have torn rotator cuffs now, so the arm bike I used to use is less feasible now. I got a different arm bike to try. I'm hoping the tension and stride to it will make it less difficult on my shoulders. I also have a desk cycle to work my lower body. I do use my walker for distance walking- but you might laugh at what I consider distance with my bum knees. My eating is fairly healthy, but even too much healthy food can lead to not losing weight or weight gain. I'm diabetic, so I watch not only the quality of my food, but the quantity as well.

That's kind of an intro to me and where I'm at.
e14sh0oihecn.jpg

Replies

• justcindy59
    justcindy59 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I know how hard it is to keep going when the amount to lose is overwhelming. I have also reach the 200 pounds off mark and still have 30# to go. You look beautiful and happy. Keep going strong.
  • plami92
    plami92 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You`ve done an amazing job! Good for you :)
  • Kath8225
    Kath8225 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations girl, you are amazing!! :)
  • KristyMichelle716
    KristyMichelle716 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and you look healthy and happy!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! :)
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look amazing. I know how great you must feel. :)
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Awesome determination! Congrats!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Great attitude and stellar determination! Go you!!!!
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Great job! Love your attitude. You look incredible!
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,315 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have come so far, and you have an amazing attitude for dealing with your physical issues and diabetes. I need to take a page out of your book, for sure!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Great job, especially in the face of challenges. You are definitely committed and determined to find solutions. Way to go!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    That is an incredible accomplishment! Congrats!
  • FindingLaurie
    FindingLaurie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's IndyGirl! :-) I got both knees replaced 4 years ago, and it changed my life. It will change yours, too. You've long been an inspiration to me. Thank you!!
  • heartnsoulfit
    heartnsoulfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, Laurie!!!
  • learningandlosing
    learningandlosing Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration. I need to lose over 200 pounds and stories like yours will keep me motivated. Keep up the good work!
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    For a minute there I thought I was reading my own posting. I too have lost over 200 and came from being bedridden with multiple disc and physical problems. I totally know where you came from and am so happy you are where you are now. I know how hard you worked for this huge weight loss. You are looking so happy and healthy and I am sure the next level will bring even greater happiness and health to you. CONGRATULATIONS and keep pushing despite the pain.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wow love your can do attitude!
  • fannieadamz
    fannieadamz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. That's what I call courageous.
  • positivehope1
    positivehope1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Beth. Found you again. Hugs!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!