My new favorite way to COOK salmon!!(:

Options
pinggolfer96
pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
disregard the seasonings (I used a Maple Dijon and paprika blend), but this is more about the cooking process! And also sorry about the pic I only took one on my snapchat and had to go back and save it from there(: but I went with a sockeye salmon that was about 9oz. Cooking time does vary slightly depending on portion size. Most people will broil the salmon for 8-12 mins or bake at high heat for 10-15. I baked this at around 275 for 25-30 mins (I also like my salmon a little rare, so I kept it on the shorter side but it was also a big piece). The low and slow cooking process allows the fat to slowly render in the salmon and the difference in taste is significant! Try it out(: I allowed the salmon to rest for about 15 mins at room temp before baking. If you want to try my seasoning blend I used Dijon mustard, little maple syrup, and a paprika lime blend. But you can use anything your taste buds prefer :) enjoy!

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    edited August 2016
    Options
    ijtzk9ybgs3s.jpg

Lol my friends call me that hashtag so that's why it says that :lol:
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Interesting.

I never bake my salmon on that low heat or rest it before. I normally bake mine at 350 for 30 minutes, season with fresh garlic, non-salt seasoning, thyme etc, olive oil and squeeze with fresh lemon half way through baking.

I will definitely give it a try, who knows I might like it.
  • jebr76
    jebr76 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    looks good - never tried it that way, will have to give it a whirl.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I always do 20 minutes at 350. Turns out great.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I blast mine. 4 oz non tail end fillets (so quite fat) in a 180-200C oven (depends what else I have cooking) for all of 8 minutes. Even the ultra fussy boys can't get enough of them! Probably makes a difference that we have mostly farmed salmon, over here, if we want to keep food miles down. It's quite oily, so doesn't dry out with the high heat.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    ouryve wrote: »
    I blast mine. 4 oz non tail end fillets (so quite fat) in a 180-200C oven (depends what else I have cooking) for all of 8 minutes. Even the ultra fussy boys can't get enough of them! Probably makes a difference that we have mostly farmed salmon, over here, if we want to keep food miles down. It's quite oily, so doesn't dry out with the high heat.

Similar here.

Best:
    I heat an iron skillet on the stove on high and turn the oven on hot; pour a little oil in the pan and put the fish down, 3 minutes maybe, till it's seared on one side and flips easily, then flip and put the pan in the oven for another 3-4 minutes. Yum.

But close second:
    300F wrapped in parchment or foil on top of vegetables into little packets also great.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I cook mine on a foreman grill for 3-4 minutes. Dinner is on!
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I steam my salmon in a steam bag with herbs & spices and it's always lovely and moist and only takes 4 minutes.
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Nahhhhhh.... get a pan stupid hot, drop the salmon in skin side down, leave it until it comes off the pan clean usually couple minutes. Flip and under the broiler for a couple minutes. Remove. Top with mango/avocado relish and enjoy.
    From what I see most of you guys overcook the fish. I mean it died once no need to kill it again haha.

I agree with the searing! But this is also y favorite way to bake it at least. Love my salmon rare
  • slimcharm20
    slimcharm20 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump!