Sarcastic weight loss update/Getting back on the wagon(LOL)

Options
CorgiWaddles
CorgiWaddles Posts: 81 Member
edited August 2016 in Motivation and Support
:p Well, I'm posting here because my inner voluptuous self(LOL) has been a bit lazy and my moronic self can't say no to food. So I am here looking for some awesome motivation and friends! Oh I will also mention the way I personally measure weight loss as well! Instead of weighing myself I measure around my neck, arms, bust, hips and legs. I personally find this method much better on my mind and not near as depressing as stepping on a scale to find I've gained the equivalent of 3 chihuahuas around my mid-section! I would love to find people who also use this method!

Replies

• angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like! I'm past my goal and shooting for just 5 more lbs...and abs. :smile: I measure my waist and hips...not the neck, arms, bust (bc THIS loss in inches depresses me...lol), and legs. Good for you that you aren't just focusing on the number on the scale. It can be very misleading, especially when you aren't trying to drop a significant amount of weight.
  • plami92
    plami92 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I`m just came back to MFP and also prefer measuring than weighing.
  • MeAgain225
    MeAgain225 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose a significant amount of weight so I do weigh myself once a week, however, I do also measure my extremities :) It's nice to see in which area you are losing the inches, and how many of those god awful inches are GONE!
  • CorgiWaddles
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like! I'm past my goal and shooting for just 5 more lbs...and abs. :smile: I measure my waist and hips...not the neck, arms, bust (bc THIS loss in inches depresses me...lol), and legs. Good for you that you aren't just focusing on the number on the scale. It can be very misleading, especially when you aren't trying to drop a significant amount of weight.

It can be extremely disheartening when you see the scale go up but actually feel rather fabulous. Congrats on shooting past your goal! Keep up the awesome work! I need to keep to mine
  • CorgiWaddles
    Options
    plami92 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me. I`m just came back to MFP and also prefer measuring than weighing.
    Glad I'm not the only one who prefers measuring!
  • CorgiWaddles
    Options
    MeAgain225 wrote: »
    I am trying to lose a significant amount of weight so I do weigh myself once a week, however, I do also measure my extremities :) It's nice to see in which area you are losing the inches, and how many of those god awful inches are GONE!
    I agree! I will probably weigh myself in 9 more days when I am done with the little diet program I am on to see how I did
  • VixxyLiss
    VixxyLiss Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Weight loss should be taken with a very large pinch of salt! Its a useful tool to have in the background but there are a lot more factors involved - I stopped eating sugar and white carbs back in January of this year - I've lost 12lb since I changed my way of eating but I've also dropped 2 dress sizes, this tells me that I have lost some fat and gained some muscle - 1 pound of muscle is considerably smaller than 1 pound of fat.

I'd like to weigh 12st 7lb (174 pounds) and be a size 14-16 (UK sizes) but I'm not hung up on the weight side of things that much because I want to reduce my fat, gain muscle, become fitter, eat healthily... the list is endless!
  • CorgiWaddles
    Options
    VixxyLiss wrote: »
    Weight loss should be taken with a very large pinch of salt! Its a useful tool to have in the background but there are a lot more factors involved - I stopped eating sugar and white carbs back in January of this year - I've lost 12lb since I changed my way of eating but I've also dropped 2 dress sizes, this tells me that I have lost some fat and gained some muscle - 1 pound of muscle is considerably smaller than 1 pound of fat.

I'd like to weigh 12st 7lb (174 pounds) and be a size 14-16 (UK sizes) but I'm not hung up on the weight side of things that much because I want to reduce my fat, gain muscle, become fitter, eat healthily... the list is endless!
    Agreed and I need to cut back on my Italian food! I love it to much!

Congrats on losing 12lbs, I hope I can lose at least that! I always end up falling off the wagon after losing about 5lbs
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You make me laugh, you're funny! :)
  • crowedog6
    crowedog6 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Here if ppl need help