Who Else Needs a Great Playlist When Working Out?

Options
When I work out, I need to blast music. What are your go-to songs when working out? Do you listen to a specific genre? Do you have a playlist? Do you have a Spotify playlist you made that you think others would like? Reply and let everyone know! Maybe a song or playlist you suggest can help someone get out that last rep or run that extra lap!

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I just need something uptempo enough to work with a quick running cadence, so I'll listen to just about anything from the Spotify workout lists. Right now I'm into "I Can't Believe It's Not An 80s Workout".

I also really like DJs like Girl Talk for running, 90s rap, and a bit of top 40, as well as anything labelled "throwback", pretty much.

I listen to completely different music outside my workouts, but I need a certain degree of upbeat mindlessness in my gym playlists. I hate most "intense" options.
  • fitgamercatlady
    fitgamercatlady Posts: 63 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I weight lift, so these are songs that pump me up or feel like a boss so I can push myself. For people who do cardio, some of these songs might be slow paced, but they are definitely good! Also, I like 90% of the stuff on the Beast Mode playlist on Spotify.

Hip Hop:
    • X Gon' Give It To Ya - DMX
    • Party Up - DMX
    • Break Ya Neck - Busta Rhymes
    • Ambitionz Az A Ridah - 2Pac
    • Jesus Walks - Kanye West
    • We Own It (Fast & Furious) - 2 Chainz, Wiz Khalifa
    • Power - Kanye West
    • Ruff Ryders' Anthem - DMX
    • Ni**as in Paris - JAY Z, Kanye West
    • Clique - Kanye West, JAY Z, Big Sean

Rock
    • Bodies - Drowning Pool
    • Rollin' (Air Raid Vehicle) - Limp Bizkit
    • Laid to Rest - Lamb of God
    • Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit
    • Got the Life - Korn
    • Freak on a Leash - Korn
    • mOBSCENE - Marilyn Manson
    • Chop Suey! - System of a Down
    • Here to Stay - Korn
    • Crawling - Linkin Park

I'm really weird and sometimes I like to listen to super epic and intense classical music.
  • CMayBos
    CMayBos Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My all-time favourite running song is Queens of the Stoneage "No One Knows".
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I just need a barbell and some plates.

My playlist would probably hose most people - odd time signatures and time changes used in progressive rock/metal don't lend to finding a groove well.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I definitely listen to music while lifting, but always listen to a book on Audible while doing cardio. I HATE cardio and need something to get lost in.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    CMayBos wrote: »
    My all-time favourite running song is Queens of the Stoneage "No One Knows".

Little Sister is my favorite Queens of the Stoneage song. I need more cowbell!!!
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I collect fast songs that are rhythmic, fun, or have good lyrics. Some current favorites include:

Danza Kuduro (Don Omar, Lucenzo)
    Don't Stop Believing (Rock of Ages -- Power Music Workout)
    Shut Up! (Simple Plan)
    The Boys of Summer (The Ataris)
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Here is my Jogging Music.

Here is my Spinning Music

Here is my Lifting Music
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    songs that are up-tempo and fast are what I listen to - no particular genre matter to me - I currently have over 1000 songs on my phone and let them randomly play thru the list.
  • sunshineraej
    sunshineraej Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Jump by Rihanna is the perfect running song for me. It's exactly my speed. I also love Work B**ch by Britney Spears, The Rockafeller Skank by Fatboy Slim and Crank (Soulja Boy) by Hit Crew Masters.

Here is my 10.5 minute run playlist: My life would suck w/out u (K Clarkson), Locked out of heaven (B Mars), Rehab (A Winehouse), River deep mountain high (T Turner), Plush (Stone Temple Pilots), That's not my name (Ting Tings), Lucky Strike (Maroon 5), In between days (The Cure).
    This is a nice mix of genres.
  • shandy4487
    shandy4487 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    "Lose Yourself" by Eminem is definitely my favorite running song :smile: kinda cheesy but it works for me! Other than that, my playlist is pretty much all pop divas-Britney, Beyoncé, Fergie, Lady Gaga and Kesha
  • fitgamercatlady
    fitgamercatlady Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ...I also love Work B**ch by Britney Spears...

I LOVE the chorus of that song, but the other melodies could have been done so much better. I feel like those parts were lazy.
  • sunshineraej
    sunshineraej Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    and ANYTHING Pit Bull!!!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Disney songs, wrestling theme songs, Wham, Madonna, Rick Astley...a varied list.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I listen to mostly hip hop when I lift, I know, cliche, but I need something to get me moving during my long rest between sets since I don't like to sit (unless its bench day).