Slow and proud!

Options
13»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a runner (maybe a jogger or a shuffler...) and I'm pretty slow. The thing is, I'm totally ok with being a slow runner. I don't race, I don't run for any reason other than I like to lace up my sneakers, plug in my headphones, and let off some steam. Are there any other non-competitive runners out there who run just for the sake of running (or jogging or shuffling)?
    I have an "old man" jog. I timed myself the last time and it was an 11 minute mile. Could I do much better? Sure, but I have no desire to. I jog because I like to be outside and to myself.
    Now I do play flag football and run sprints, but of course that's only short distances and there's lots of rest in between.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • realcalm
    realcalm Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Slow swimmer, but hey I've got form. Really slow walker, being disabled. No one seems to understand why I don't like taking walks with others, but I just feel the whole time that I'm a drag on them. By myself, walking can be Zen-time.
  • amyers3312
    amyers3312 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started running again. I used to try at running and hated it. My trainer at the gym had me do time on the treadmill as part of my monthly test since i was improving very well in all other areas. It didn't take long and i was hating it. He suggested i slow to just about the pace i walk at (15 min. Mile) and i found i could sustain the pace and actually really enjoyed it. I may never be fast, but i still get the exercise in doing something I enjoy so i know i can stick with it. I am glad I am not the only one.
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I just love all of these comments! You give me hope and laughter! <3:D:):p:*
  • DoubleG2
    DoubleG2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You're doing more that 90% of the population of the U.S. Shuffle on and enjoy the run.