Weighing in... How often?!?

Options
We have a really good scale at my work in the shipping department and I have used it the last two days to weigh in. I do it at the same time every day before I eat my breakfast and drink to much coffee.

My point is, how often should you weigh in? Is it ok to do it everyday?

Replies

• Jade1964
    Jade1964 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but have an official weigh in day once a week on the same day and usually at the same time.

It is up to you if you weigh in every day. Whatever works for you.

I personally believe that it helps with letting you know exactly where you are daily. I don't get hung up with scale so to speak but it is important to me.
  • singingmom
    singingmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Most say weigh yourself once a week at the same time. I however do it every other day in the morning before breakfast just cuz I can't help myself! :) Also take your measurements because you can lose inches vs pounds.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You can weigh everyday if you like. I've found that once or twice a week works best for me. Too many flucuations from day to day get me down.
  • Nurse2u
    Nurse2u Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a great scale at my work too. I do it 1-2 times a week. I don't want to be disappointed if I don't "lose" everyday. But if it has been a few days then I figure I will have some kind of lose. Good luck!!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    It is a personal choice. I weight weekly.
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you weigh yourself same time of day but only weigh in once a week cause your weight shouldn't change that much frome one day to another
  • msdominique1
    msdominique1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    well i hop on the scale right when i wake up in the morning before i eat or drink anything everyday.

but i dont count it until i weigh in on sundays/mondays, but if i lost weight during the week i will count it if its a significant amount.
  • luv2bmini
    luv2bmini Posts: 3
    Options
    I weigh in daily on my wii! Always at the same time and before I eat. You will see the fluctuations daily (good or bad) just don't look at them as (life or death) Every day is a new day. There is no right or wrong way to do it. If it keeps you encouraged continue weighing daily if not do it only once a week. Just don't let it be a discouragement to you.

This is only my opinion. Someone else may have a different insight!

Blessings
  • c00ncc
    c00ncc Posts: 55
    Options
    From doing WW's in the past they always preached on only weight once a week...because if you see that you haven't lost any or if you've stayed the same then you may get discouraged.

But i think i'm addicted to the scale...I weight everyday just to see if I've lost but my "official" numbers are only taken once a week.
  • Maureenkm
    Maureenkm Posts: 3
    Options
    You really should weigh in once a week! I found when I used to check everyday I would be upset if one day I was up a pound and next day down. I am doing the Jenny Craig diet now and use myfitnesspal appt along with the diet and I have lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks.

Try to weigh yourself every week early in the morning before you eat - Good Luck!!!!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    It's your choice! I weigh once a week.
  • CajunCubsFan
    CajunCubsFan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the points; my thinking is probably from my technical background. I see this as a graph and data collection. In that case I want as much date as I can get. I don’t want to weigh in once a week and have a bad day and not know where I’m really at. But if I keep close tabs on it and it goes up and down I will see a trend. Thats my thinking anyway. More Data, More Data!!!!

Have a good day and keep those counts down and Exercise Lots!!!!!