How many calories do you think this dish has? (Pic)

Options
Hey friends!

So I am going to a vegan/gluten-free cafe tomorrow that does not provide nutritional information and I'm planning on getting this dish. Here is the description:
Raw coconut wrap filled with turmeric hummus, romaine, butternut squash, beets, avocado and cucumber. Topped with our almond love sauce and served with a side salad.

It looks super clean and healthy for sure but I'm wondering how to log the calories in my diary. Anyone have an idea or estimate in mind? Thanks in advance!

5nswmvxrw6l0.jpg

Replies

• brighteststitcher
    brighteststitcher Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would try to estimate the parts of the whole and make a recipe out of it. All of those things exist in their simple forms, so just use a couple tbs of humus, a couple tbs of almond butter for the almond sauce, a paleo coconut wrap, etc. and figure out your best guess that way. I'm guessing 500 calories. Maybe more because of all the fat sources in there.
  • heartofplastic
    heartofplastic Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would try to estimate the parts of the whole and make a recipe out of it. All of those things exist in their simple forms, so just use a couple tbs of humus, a couple tbs of almond butter for the almond sauce, a paleo coconut wrap, etc. and figure out your best guess that way. I'm guessing 500 calories. Maybe more because of all the fat sources in there.

Ah thank you for the reply! It's always stressful eating out with no nutritional info lol. I'll try to break it down and see what I get :)
  • smelliefeet
    smelliefeet Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    450-550. Only because there's avocado and sauce - and who knows what's in the sauce.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I would like a bite of that, if you don't mind. ;)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would estimate around 500 calories as well.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    400-600
  • coff33lover94
    coff33lover94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would say 350-400 calories it looks raw vegan
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hummus can be a total calorie bomb, depending on how it is made. I make this "super clean and healthy" recipe, http://www.inspiredtaste.net/15938/easy-and-smooth-hummus-recipe/, including the tahini from scratch, and it clocks in at 258 calories for approximately 75 grams or about 1/3 cup.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Be careful - love is calorie dense :D
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to eat that without getting in a mess. I'd need a knife and fork.
    Calorie wise, I think it depends how much hummus they cram in there.
  • heartofplastic
    heartofplastic Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the replies! After thinking about it I think it's a little too high in calories for just one meal so I'll go with a kale salad instead. :smile: