No workout = failure?

Options
okay so I work 11 days straight this week and I work 8 hours each day while still trying to workout for at least an hour for 6/7 days, before or after work but sometimes I can't cause I'm too tired yet I still feel like a failure, so I guess my question is how often do u feel like a failure for not working out and how do u get over that feeling of letting yourself down even though you know you don't have the strength or energy to do a workout? Rest is essential I just have this negative mind set that if I don't workout my progress will be nothing :/

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like a failure if I don't workout
    Stop stressing yourself out, if you are genuinely not always able to fit it in that's ok
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Never... that sort of negative self talk is not helpful or healthy at all.
  • Junebordner
    Junebordner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I need new knees but I can still work everything else out. Sometimes I just can't workout and I feel disappointed in myself. I'm trying to cut myself some slack. I would like to become buddies if you guys are up for it.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Never. I have missed more workouts than I can count, both out of laziness and out of necessity, but hey! I have lost a lot of weight and achieved so much! I'm pretty damn awesome warts and all. Seeking perfections at all times is pretty damn tiring.