Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need a healthier lifestyle.

Hi, I'm Lynn and I'm 47 and I need to lose about 40lb's. Gained weight after 2 child (8years ago) and have yoyo'd since really :(. Recently I've been getting indigestion a lot, and feel lethargic all the time, so I've decided the time has come for permanent change. Going to do this my own way a mixture of controlled calories, fat and carbs to kick start my weight loss. I also intend to walk and cycle daily. I am always interested in recipes etc., because eventually I find losing weight boring, yet I love how I feel when lighter.

Replies

• Sandysphat
    Sandysphat Posts: 215 Member
    Good start, you got a plan.
  • Sandysphat
    Sandysphat Posts: 215 Member
    Why you chose that pic?
  • Hi Lynn! Time to get started! Lets do it!
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    When I started losing weight we invested in the Hairy Dieters recipe books, we lobed them - there are now four I believe. They were extremely varied and the calorie content is also listed. Obviously it won't be precise but it'll give you an idea. It's such a shame when people are so miserable that they're on a diet and complain that they can't stand the sight of another salad (there are so many salads for a start it doesn't have to be boring) but why people automatically think 'I must just eat basic salad to lose weight' I do not know.....is it just conditioning????

Best of luck :)
  • KristyMichelle716
    KristyMichelle716 Posts: 30 Member
    Welcome! I'm in the "40 lb Club" with ya. :) Let me know if you wanna link up as friends! I am going to really use the community here at MFP to stay motivated and on point this time around. Take care!
  • Next12jeans
    Next12jeans Posts: 6 Member
    Sandysphat wrote: »
    Why you chose that pic?

Ha I think it's cute it's my friends pig!
  • Next12jeans
    Welcome! I'm in the "40 lb Club" with ya. :) Let me know if you wanna link up as friends! I am going to really use the community here at MFP to stay motivated and on point this time around. Take care!

Hi yes it would be good to be friends, we could motivate each other. I've used this app loads of times, but am currently struggling to find my way around the community pages, sent friend requests and access posts, learning fast.
  • Next12jeans
    faramelee wrote: »
    When I started losing weight we invested in the Hairy Dieters recipe books, we lobed them - there are now four I believe. They were extremely varied and the calorie content is also listed. Obviously it won't be precise but it'll give you an idea. It's such a shame when people are so miserable that they're on a diet and complain that they can't stand the sight of another salad (there are so many salads for a start it doesn't have to be boring) but why people automatically think 'I must just eat basic salad to lose weight' I do not know.....is it just conditioning????

That's a great idea, I will pick one up on Amazon. I think I always eat the same things when I lose weight, and it becomes too boring. Hence why I lose and then put it back on. Also I live in France and it isn't as easy to buy low fat products here, and I can only buy fruit and veg that is local and seasonal. Not like when I lived in the uk and everything is available all of the time.

Have you reached your weight loss goal yet?
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    faramelee wrote: »

That's a great idea, I will pick one up on Amazon. I think I always eat the same things when I lose weight, and it becomes too boring. Hence why I lose and then put it back on. Also I live in France and it isn't as easy to buy low fat products here, and I can only buy fruit and veg that is local and seasonal. Not like when I lived in the uk and everything is available all of the time.

Have you reached your weight loss goal yet?

I started being more aware of my health and losing the extra pounds in January 2014 and reached goal in August 2014, averaging around a lb a week loss. I have been in maintenance ever since.
    I think it's important that I changed my lifestyle so that when I achieved my goal weight I didn't automatically go back to how/what I was eating before and I thoroughly enjoy my meals so don't ever feel like I'm going without and it doesn't get boring. :)