Just gained 6 pounds!

Options
I lost about 50 pounds, kind of fell of the wagon for a couple days, but only missed one day of exercise. I got on the scale today and gained 6 pounds, can't believe it! How is that possible? Ok, so say you go over your calories one day, say you had a 2000 calorie day for example. How long does it take to reverse the "damage". So frustrated.

Replies

• yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You gained 6 pounds, but 6 pounds of what? Did you over ate 21 000 calories iin those few days? If not, it's probably just water retention and it will come off pretty fast. Drink water, eat sensibly.

Good luck
  • carrowqueen
    Options
    Hi Palmettopark, Thats fantastic you lost 50 pounds - you are a great inspiration to me! I need to lose 20 pounds. My advise is don't sweat the 6 pound concentrate on getting back to your recommended daily calories and continue with your exercise and you will be back on track in no time. Its great losing weight but also don't forget we have to enjoy life too otherwise whats the point! Best of luck
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't panic. could be water, could be you gained muscle from working out, and feeding your muscles :-)
    just get back on track today. we are all here to help :-)
    double up on the veggies and simmer down on the bread

take care!!!
  • Raine7
    Raine7 Posts: 19
    Options
    I would say this is prob mostly water weight. Dont be down on yourself just jump back up on the wagon. You have come so far already!
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I concur. Eat clean, Drink 16 glases of water, exercise and then see what the ol` scale says!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat....mine was 4-5lbs....after the 4th of July weekend. Everything in my head says there is NO way I overate that many calories....to just keep going, better choices, it is probably water.....but OMW doesnt mess with my head!!! I think I would be better off chucking the scale....LOL! Good luck! and congrats on 50!!! NO small feat! :)
  • farmboy60
    farmboy60 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey Palmetto,

No sweat! It's just a wake up. It won't come off as easy as it went on but usually it only take a couple of days. Most likely water weight. I've done the same thing three or four times. The most important thing is that you not get discouraged keep going. Keep up the good work.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Hey Palmetto,

No sweat! It's just a wake up. It won't come off as easy as it went on but usually it only take a couple of days. Most likely water weight. I've done the same thing three or four times. The most important thing is that you not get discouraged keep going. Keep up the good work.

"It's just a wake up"....LOVE it!!! Needed to hear it...thanks!:)