Not losing weight

Options
I've been really sticking to the calorie plan, eating downwards of 1200 calories a day, and I've actually gained weight! I've put on 2kg this week and I don't know how this is possible eating less than 1200 calories! Feeling fed up.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    How tall are you and what do you currently weigh? Are you weighing and measuring all your food and drinks?

Are you prepared to open your food diary so as to allow specific advice for you?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    are you due to get your period?
  • Nighthawk4
    Nighthawk4 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Very depressing. Just had 2 weeks holiday. Weather not ideal for much of it but on the one day I walked 13 miles. Not bad for a 63 year old. I lost 2 pounds that day.
    Within 24 hours I had regained that. Even worse, by the end of the holiday I was 2 pounds heavier than at the start.
  • cinders2006
    cinders2006 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1 and 79kg today. Earlier this week I was 77kg. I'm logging all my food and drink. My period is due, can that really make 2kg difference? !
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1 and 79kg today. Earlier this week I was 77kg. I'm logging all my food and drink. My period is due, can that really make 2kg difference? !

yep

keep doign what you're doing, drink plenty of water, give it a week, and weigh again.
  • cinders2006
    cinders2006 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Will do. Hopefully I see an improvement
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Yes it can. So can eating a meal heavy in sodium or increasing exercise. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear
  • momma712
    momma712 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've been really sticking to the calorie plan, eating downwards of 1200 calories a day, and I've actually gained weight! I've put on 2kg this week and I don't know how this is possible eating less than 1200 calories! Feeling fed up.

Have you been working out? Are you measuring what you eat? If you just eyeball it you could actually be eating more than you think. If your working out it could be muscle gains. You may not be eating enough
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    sometimes progress is measured by other factors (bodyfat, pictures, measurements, the way your clothes fit) because the scale can't factor in water weight or an increase in lean muscle mass. Just my 2 cents...carry on.

edit: also are you consistent with measuring? Same day, same time, naked, after output, before input?