WORKOUT SCHEDULE

Options
I presently workout six days a week.....with Thursday being my rest day.Used to be a chore to workout .I've been doing it long enough now that if I can't workout my whole routine seems screwed.I now look forward to workouts....it's my stress relief.....BEAST UP FIT PEOPLE.....REST DAYS ARE HELL

Replies

• Dayle1984
    Dayle1984 Posts: 70 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I feel you! Rest days are so important but it can definitely be a challenge to get out of your routine. What I have found works for me, is I will usually take a rest day if I have something to do in the evening, an event to attend, etc. otherwise I workout all weekdays and take 1-2 rest days on the weekend. Something else that might help is incorporating some sort of active recovery on your rest day whether it's walking/jogging, swimming, yoga, etc... I lift 5 days a week, do yoga once a week, and usually take a full rest day once a week. But I will also sometimes run on the rest day if I'm feeling good. Cheers!
  • angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I've been on a 6-day/week workout schedule for over a decade. Last fall, I started doing 7 days a week, every week. I finally stopped doing that at the tail-end of June and I'm still struggling with guilt on Sundays when I don't work out. Lol! I work out at 2:30am and on the occasional day that I'm really tired, I start to talk myself out of getting up and then remind myself: "Ummm, you're going to be pissed and your whole day is going to be thrown off if you don't get your *kitten* out of bed right now..." And then I get up. LOL!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I agree! I have found that I get super bored on my rest days. I recently joined a yoga studio, so I do a gentle yoga on my scheduled rest day (Saturday). I lift 4 days a week and do 2 days of HIIT cardio. Those 2 days of HIIT cardio are a lot shorter (30 minutes in and out of the gym) so I might add some vinyasa yoga on those days. My lifting days usually take 60+ minutes.

I want to get back into swimming, but I think I might wait until I lose another 10 pounds or so.
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'd originally planned to have two rest days a week but I'm going to just do one. If I feel like working out then I see no reason not to. But I absolutely have to have one day off during the week just for recovery.