Waterproof Fitness Tracker Suggestions

Options
Good morning!!

I'm looking for recommendations for a waterproof activity tracker. Ideally I'd like one that is capable of tracking activity, not just steps. Also, I am a woman do something on the smaller side would be ideal. Price isn't too much of a deal breaker and while HR monitoring would be nice, I've noticed that it tends to add bulk. I would also like the tracker to be able to function as a watch and have a display so I don't need to constantly look at my phone.

Thanks!!

Replies

• ckwilson254
    ckwilson254 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Look at Garmin, they are waterproof and have a lot of devices on the market.
  • marissalea93
    marissalea93 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love my Lifetrak! It's waterproof and they have several options available. I have the simplest and cheapest option that doesn't connect to my phone, but it still tracks calories, sleep, steps, and distance as well as your heart rate and it can track workouts as well! Great deal and I think I prefer it to the fitbits!
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I just got a Misfit Shine. I had a Fitbit Zip but really wanted something that would track more than steps. The Shine can track steps but also cycling, swimming (it's water resistant to 50 meters), yoga, and some sports. It doesn't have an HR monitor. It's really slim and can be worn on your wrist, in your pocket, clipped to your bra, or on your shoe. It doesn't have an actual display but it has lights all the way around it and when you tap it twice to check your progress lights that correspond to the time will also light up, so it can act as a watch too. Misfit did just come out with a Shine 2 but I didn't look into what the differences are since I found my Shine on eBay for less than $30 and the new Shine 2 is around $100.
  • angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have a polarA360 and love it. So nice to be able to shower without having to take it off. Works great. You can swim with it. Tracks steps and cals burned.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Fenix 3 is expensive but does everything you need. It's somewhat large, but not unmanageable by any means. I love mine. :smile:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Fenix 3 is expensive but does everything you need. It's somewhat large, but not unmanageable by any means. I love mine. :smile:

The Forerunner 235 does quite a bit without the size issue if that's a problem. It tracks steps, activities, and has the same HRM that the Fenix 3 does. It's quite a bit cheaper too.

ETA: Same as the Fenix 3 HR model that is.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I like my Garmin vivosmart hr+. i had the first vivosmart and just had a chance to upgrade.
    water resistant up to 50m, wrist HR, smart phone notifications, music control, weather, pedometer, stair climber amoung other things
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Garmin. I have a Vivosmart. I never take it off unless to charge it. It did just die about a week ago but they have great customer service. They will either send me a replacement or credit toward a new one.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Most are at least sweat proof. Garmin scores high marks among the users.
    I've been tempted a few times but for me, the information provided is not of much value.
    If I were training for open water swimming competition then it would be useful.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Garmin love here as well. I had the OG Vivófit, then upgraded to the VivóSmart HR, and now I have a VivóActive HR nothing but good things to say about them.
  • lizandrashaw
    lizandrashaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My Garmin didn't work in the water. It would actually show the inactivity bar while I was swimming. It took Garmin tech support a week to admit to me that their HRM wasn't made to work in the water. Now I own and love a Polar A300. Their sleep information isn't as good, but I need my HRM to work in the water so Polar it is!