Looking for Keto/lchf friends

Options
Hi there! I am in my 3rd week of Keto and looking for friends who are on the same path as I am!

Replies

• WandaPartrick
    WandaPartrick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI Keto friend, I am working on day 6. Finding it tough sometimes with the carb count. Lets keep in touch. Good luck.
  • pkosmicki
    pkosmicki Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im on a month now and would also like some keto friendly friends :)
  • redtortoise
    redtortoise Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been at it since June 15. I've lost 15 pounds and more importantly reduced inflammation and gastric reflux! I would like to be friends too!
  • s3rend1p1ty
    s3rend1p1ty Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am in week one of Keto. I feel so much better already! I am looking for tips and tricks and just good ole support pals. Add me!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    You should join the LCHF group. There's tons of us there!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Shells918 wrote: »
    You should join the LCHF group. There's tons of us there!

What @Shells918 said! Here's the link to the group:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • bradcfairchild
    bradcfairchild Posts: 74 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    pkosmicki wrote: »
    Hi! Im on a month now and would also like some keto friendly friends :)

I'm interested in how you are feeling after a month. And if it was hard for you to give up carbs. I have a friend who is on 6 months and has lost 50 lbs. Other than giving up carbs, it sounds great. :wink: Seriously, I'm not sure I can do it.

I am having a hard time navigating to the posts after finding them with search. I hope I see more about your progress.
  • bradcfairchild
    Options
    I am in week one of Keto. I feel so much better already! I am looking for tips and tricks and just good ole support pals. Add me!

I'm interested in how you are feeling after a week. And if it was hard for you to give up carbs?

My friend is on 6 months and has lost 50 lbs. Other than giving up carbs, it sounds great. :wink:

I hope I see more about your progress.
  • Peter_Otto
    Peter_Otto Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im 5 weeks into my LCHF plan (done Atkins before), i'm eating minimum carbs every day and i do excierse 5 days a week. Feeling great :)
  • rucort
    rucort Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started the Keto Diet on August 1. Haven't been tracking my metrics, just trying to eat high fat and eat low carb. I have not gotten into Ketosis yet. Very discouraging. I think I have to start counting every bite. I read that calories count too, but it is hard to eat lots of fat and still keep calories low.
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i am low carb high pro & fat. At least i try to be! maybe adding some of you will help me stick to it!!!
  • bradcfairchild
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks into LCHF eating. It's been pretty good so far. I have ketone sticks now and have measured 4 times, twice, I was in a good range and twice, it did not look like I was in ketosis. The 2 times I wasn't in, was first thing in the morning, the other 2 were at night. Does it make a difference when you measure? I've been at the same weight all week 199. I've been close or under my calorie most days.
  • betthann
    betthann Posts: 8 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    rucort wrote: »
    I started the Keto Diet on August 1. Haven't been tracking my metrics, just trying to eat high fat and eat low carb. I have not gotten into Ketosis yet. Very discouraging. I think I have to start counting every bite. I read that calories count too, but it is hard to eat lots of fat and still keep calories low.

I've been doing much better with meeting my fat micros by eating fat bombs. My worst habit is eating all of my protein in the morning... Tracking has been 100 better than just winging it for me
  • betthann
    betthann Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks into LCHF eating. It's been pretty good so far. I have ketone sticks now and have measured 4 times, twice, I was in a good range and twice, it did not look like I was in ketosis. The 2 times I wasn't in, was first thing in the morning, the other 2 were at night. Does it make a difference when you measure? I've been at the same weight all week 199. I've been close or under my calorie most days.

Personally I haven't been counting my calories, I don't think it should matter as long as you're eating and staying within your macros. I downloaded and paid for an app called Lifesum and paid for a monthly membership, it has given me a better range on where to stay for my macros each day
  • JPketodiet
    JPketodiet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started the Keto diet at the end of June but didn't start tracking until mid July. It really does help.
  • JosetteGetsFit
    JosetteGetsFit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The sticks will tell you if you were in ketosis 4 hours prior to the time you use them.
  • bradcfairchild
    Options
    The sticks will tell you if you were in ketosis 4 hours prior to the time you use them.

Thanks