i weigh and log each ingredient.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
  • andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I record my salad ingredients individually. It works better for me since I don't use the same stuff every time.

I do this, too. Because I find that even if I make a recipe and call it something like "My Veggie Salad" or "My Grilled Chicken Salad" I might switch out the ingredients from time to time or use a different salad dressing, so it's really most accurate to just log each item you use. It may not make a huge difference in your calorie/nutrition goals right now, but trust me, as you near your goal and/or hit a plateau every single calorie is going to count. So might as well track it correctly. ;)

• MarkH1916
    MarkH1916 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    OP, if you're still around, here's an example from another user on how to log it. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/tincanonastring

Hi, thanks but this entry was blank for me

Thanks for all the comments, been recording them individually which isn't as bad now they are on the regular items list. Trying to overestimate where possible

I tend not to like many other lettuce, iceberg is my favourite but will branch out
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    i'd log the fat or dressing accurately…then just eyeball the rest.. that's what I do.. i have lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion on my list and just check the same amount each time.
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I created a recipe called MY SALAD with everything I have put in a salad except the dressing (lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, etc) then as I'm making a salad, I bring it up and delete items I'm not using and change item weights if needed
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I created a larger dinner salad and side salad and copied these as "meal" in my food diary The "meal" can easily be selected and altered. It is almost always the same ingredients except I might change up flavor of the dressing or add chicken breast, boiled egg or other topping.