Foods in high carbs?

Options
I'm looking for foods with high carbs. I'm getting tired of eating the same things for carbs. I eat Brown rice, Sweet Potatoes and lentils mostly for my carbs. I was thinking pasta but I have no imagination for recipes nor do I know any decent healthy ones.

Replies

• dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sautéed shrimp over linguine. Quinoa and Farro are also high in carbs.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit, dried fruit, beans, corn, butternut squash, bread, english muffins, pop corn.
    Pasta dishes: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/9-delicious-high-protein-pasta-dinner-400-calories/
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Curious as to why you need so many carbs? - Shrimp has no carbs
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Yeah, but the linguine does. I'm pretty sure she was not only giving a food example (linguine), but giving a way to incorporate it into a meal.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Yeah, but the linguine does. I'm pretty sure she was not only giving a food example (linguine), but giving a way to incorporate it into a meal.

I think your guessing and not sure at all let alone "pretty sure"...lol...
  • Turb2o
    Turb2o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Cake and doughnuts all the carbs you ever need if your worrid about fat get diet cake
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    my carbs are usually rice, spaghetti, mashed, jacket or roast potatoes, sweet potato mash, bagels, cous cous (but i've gone off that at the moment for some reason).

tonight i'm doing minced turkey thigh with mushrooms and ratatouille over spaghetti... bolognese but not!
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    All fruit (especially mangoes and pineapples), peas, corn, couscous, quinoa, bagels, bread, potatoes, pasta (hit up cooking light for 100s of low cal easy recipes), gnocchi, vegetables, oatmeal, grits, cream of wheat, cereal...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    sugar