Favorite go-to breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Options
Hi, I wanted to get some quick, yummy starter meal ideas so I can finally do this! I'm going for high protein and trying to stay about 400 calories per meal and then add in a couple snacks. Sometimes I like to do just brunch and dinner. But I'd like to hear everyone's easy satisfying meals!

Replies

• BananaBite
    BananaBite Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Banana, apple, and clementine with coffee (235 calories)
    Lunch: Something light, maybe a sandwich
    Dinner: Anything with chicken

Sorry, I really don't eat the same thing everyday. Lunch and dinner are their own obstacles, but I try to limit my portions no matter what I eat. :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Lunch: Grilled chicken Caesar wrap. I like Flat Out wraps. Grill a bunch of chicken breast on the weekend. Spread Ken's Light Caesar on the wrap. Sprinkle with shredded romaine, chopped tomatoes, Italian blend cheese, and grilled chicken. Serve with a veggie & fruit side.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to suggest that what you are outlining, is unnecessarily restrictive - and the more restriction, the lower the success rate.

Keep protein to "medium", not "high". Space out meals/snacks as you please, and make them as big or small as you want. Just aim to stick to your calorie allowance for the day.

What's easy and satisfying is individual and you can eat anything you like. In fact, your chance of success is also dependent on your adhering to the diet, and the more you deviate from your normal diet, the more likely you are to stop wanting to stick to it. Unless your current diet is totally bananas, you can adjust incrementally and use normal recipes for normal meals, just in appropriate amounts to fit your calorie goal.
  • hlltwin
    hlltwin Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Dinner varies greatly but for breakfast I usually eat yogurt (since you were looking for something with protein) with a little (4 grams) of granola mixed in. coffee and usually some kind of fruit or nuts (though lately I've had chips and salsa) at mid-morning (I still consider this breakfast since I pack it in the morning.
    Lunch is usually a wrap with a salad (chicken, egg, tuna) on it or a macaroni salad with chicken mixed in - something I can pack in my lunch and get out easily at noon. I usually have a small snack with my lunch, grapes lately - fruit of some kind. I'm trying to balance taste and nutrition.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    After a few months of logging, it became apparent to me that there is not much I can have for breakfast that is better than a cup of 2% cottage cheese and a piece of fruit, usually a banana, an apple or an orange depending on how I feel that day.

Usually some sort of soup or salad for lunch, depending on what is available through the lunch program at my workplace, or a cup of yogurt and 2 tbsp of Holy Crap if nothing good was on the menu. I like the Liberte 2% greek in the lime flavour. I admit it's got a fair bit of sugar but I mainly focus on ensuring I get enough protein, sugar and fat be damned (more or less).

For dinner, I've settled on a small number of things that work well in my food plan: tacos, chicken breast w. steamed asparagus, pork chops w. steamed broccoli, turkey stir fry, whole wheat spaghetti w. homemade tomato sauce, salmon w. green beans and brown rice, veggie omelette (no cheese) or a sweet potato hash w. 3 eggs.

I snack throughout the day on things like almonds, fresh veggies, boiled eggs, prunes (gotta keep things moving hehe), popcorn and protein supplements, either a shake or a bar or even both if I'm short. For sweets, I'll have a half cup of sorbet or even some chocolate but only if I can work it into my calorie allowance.

I stopped eating cookies, cake, donuts, brownies, pie etc. but, other than that, my diet hasn't changed that much and I certainly don't feel restricted or like I'm missing out. I just have to be careful, plan ahead, and I can make almost anything I want to eat fit into my budget, even some sort of baked good if I really want it.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,020 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is 2 boiled eggs, fruit and a Greek yogurt. I also have 2 cups of coffee with sugar and half and half every day. My breakfast is usually around 400 calories. That will easily keep me full until lunch. One of my favorite lunches is tuna, wheat thins and laughing cow cheese. I buy the foil packets of starkist tuna. Usually lunch is around 300 calories. I might add a yogurt or a fiber one bar. In the winter I like the Progresso lite soups and I also sometimes cook boneless skinless chicken thighs in my crock pot and put them on salad, in a tortilla wrap or with barbecue sauce in a pulled chicken sandwich. Dinner varies a lot because I eat whatever my family wants, I just fit my portion sizes to my goal.
  • nikkitimkitembo89
    nikkitimkitembo89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal cookies for breakfast I'm hooked lol and all you need are two ingredients 1/2 cup old fashioned outs and 1 ripe mashed banana it yields 6-8 cookies depending on the size you make them the whole recipe is only 250 calories and the best part is you can add in whatever you like it's so customizable you can put nut butter, Chia seeds , dried fruit, fresh fruit , dark chocolate , nuts , spices they are very filling and it feels like your indulging but depending on what you put in your actually eating a nice healthy break fast
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is 30g muesli, 100-200g fruit (usually berries because they are easy to portion) and 200g greek yogurt with a splash of vanilla or almond extract and splenda. About 300 cal., 20+ grams protein.

I also like an egg sandwich in the winter. Thomas LIght english muffin, egg, cheese, canadian bacon. Mix it up with avocado or sriracha. Use sub egg substitute or laughing cow wedge for cheese if trying to save cals. Anywhere from 150-300 cals. 15-20 grams protein.

Lunch is generally a big salad or sandwich. Salads are lots of greens & veg, a protein (tuna or chicken), cheese, berries, whatever is in the fridge. Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressings to top off. Chicken/bacon/blue cheese or chicken/strawberry/spinach/blue cheese w/Panera poppyseed dressing are favorites. Try to keep it under 400 cal., 20-30 grams protein.

Sandwich usually consists of a wrap or bagel thin with protein, cheese slice or cheese spread wedge and lots of lettuce, tomato, onion, etc. I'll usually have a couple veggies like cucumber slices or grape tomatoes on the side. Maybe cottage cheese if I need a little extra protein. Usually 3-400 cals. 20-30 grams protein.

• nikkitimkitembo89
    Options
    Lunch taco salad with taco seasned lean ground turkey salsa avocado corn and black beans on a bed of spinach and arugula so good also another go to lunch 1 can albacore tuna 1 serving of shrimp with diced cucumbers and fresh Pico DE Gallo salsa and fresh squeezed lime juice perfect for hot days
  • nikkitimkitembo89
    Options
    Dinner cauliflower pizza