Logging in P90X workouts

Options
I recently started the workouts and since they don't come with a chart telling me specifically how many calories I've burned, I don't even log them in. Can someone assist me so that I can make my log more accurate?

Replies

• olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    The only way to get more accurate is to invest in a heart rate monitor that counts calories burned. They can range from 300-700 calories for women and 500-1000 for men.

I use this one and it is 39.99 at Amazon.

GSI Super Quality All-In-One Waterproof Heart Rate Monitor Watch and Transmitter Chest Belt
  • bigdizzawg
    bigdizzawg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need it down to the 2nd decimal place but I'm assuming approximately 470-550 calories burned per workout. There is however a heart rate to calorie calculator, check it http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    before i got a heart rate monitor, i would put the strength days as "circuit training, general," plyometrics as "aerobics, high impact," kenpo as "judo karate kickboxing tai kwon do," core synergistics as "aerobics, general" and cario x as a combination of yoga, high impact aerobics, and judo karate etc...

hope that helps! a heart rate monitor will tell you exactly how many you're burning though
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    As others have said, a heart rate monitor would help. But I think the program suggests counting on burning about 600 calories per workout.
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Without a hearrate monitor (HRM) it will be difficult to determine an accurate burning of calories.

Here is some info per P90X from Beachbody.com per calories burnt during P90X workouts.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/31153547

ttfn
    Kyle
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Most people generally burn anywhere from 400-600 calories (probably more with Plyometrics) That said, you should probably invest in a HRM to get a more accurate reading of the calories that you burn. You don't want to eat back 600 exercise calories only to find that you are eating back more than what you actually burned.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I got a heart rate monitor.
  • LaBella803
    LaBella803 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor, but it doesn't tell me how many calories I burn. It literally just gives me my hbpm. How do I calculate burned calories from that?
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    I recommend that you get a HR monitor as well. As you progress through the program, you'll notice that for some workouts, you start to burn less calories. Doesn't necessarily mean you're not bringin' it! Just means that you're getting used to the workout. For Yoga, even though I was sweatin' bullets, I only burned about 300 calories in the entire 90 minutes which is obviously less than the 400 that people assume.
  • bigdizzawg
    bigdizzawg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm use with heart rate monitor to calculate calorie burn