Need help with meals for my work schedule

Options
So starting logging again, trying to drop his weight once and for all, but I am stuck trying to figure out my meals.

I live in Arizona, and Arizona state labor laws do not require any breaks or lunch breaks in a day, so I work for 8 hours nonstop. Basically my schedule goes a little something like this:

1-2pm: wake up
6:30pm: leave for work
3:30-4am get home from work.
5:30am: go to sleep

I have been eating a very large meal before work, then one smaller after, but I don't think a 2 meal plan is sustainable. I need advice in when I should eat, how much I should eat, should I drink a protein shake at work?

Please help!

Replies

• Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    No breaks for working 8 hours?! That's crazy. Anyway, a protein shake sounds good or maybe you can have a sandwich, some Greek yogurt, nuts, fruit etc.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    There are two things that I am questioning. First, are you actually counting calories? Two large meals could be fine if you're still in a deficit and it works for you and your schedule.

Secondly, are you actually hungry during work hours, or are you thinking of doing this because you think you should? Meal timing is irrelevant in weight loss. However, if hunger is an issue, then a protein shake can be good for satiating hunger. I'm not sure what your job is, but if allowed, you could prepack snacks as well to bring with.
  • SquishyLaughter
    SquishyLaughter Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I get hungry at work, it is a very physical job in a warehouse stacking and lifting freight. I have just started counting again, and honestly part of it is that only two meals feels weird. Especially with it being an active job.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    If it were me i would ask the company's owner whether they work 8 hours straight without any breaks. B)

A meal replacement shake (contains protein, fat, carbs, vitamins, etc) would be a good idea, if you're hungry. And don't feel guilty about eating more after work. Eating before bed doesn't affect fat loss. :+1: