Gum!

Options
I was wondering who tracks gum? Does chewing mean we absorb all the nutrients? I'm trying to keep low carb, should I cut gum out completely? Quite like it as it keeps my mouth busy, but not if it bumps up my carbs x

Replies

• Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I don't and I chew gum all day. That's my addiction (some people drink, some smoke, I chew
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Huh???? Are you swallowing the gum? I chew gum everyday, other than the initial sweetness 5 calories I hardly think that carbs cals or anything else would be a factor.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It's going to matter what type of gum you're chewing. The gum should have nutrition information on the label. If it's sugar-free gum it shouldn't be more than a couple of calories but gum with sugar will have more. If you're eating low carb then you'll want sugar-free gum, regardless, which won't have any carbs.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I track my gum just because I'm curious and I like to be precise even though I'm not trying to lose weight. I don't chew a lot of gum, but the only gum I chew is sugar-free Trident and that's actually 3.5 calories per stick.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I don't track gum. It has zero effect on my weight.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I track gum. But some days I'll chew 10 pieces so all those add up
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I do not track gum.
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    When I was in Keto, I got in the habit of watching my gum. When you try to stay under 20g carbs and each piece is 1g, that adds up quick. I got in the habit of eating 1/2 piece at a time. I still am moderately low in carbs (less than 75g/day) and while it's not necessary to watch my gun intake any longer, I still break my trident in half...I now prefer it that way. Makes one of my co-workers crazy. Lol
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I tracked gum for about 3 days last summer.

I chew too much gum for that nonsense.