New here, looking for support and advice.

Options
wianka7
wianka7 Posts: 36 Member
I've been struggling with my weight for as long as I can remember. This struggle has taken away so much from me over the years. I decided to follow a ketogenic diet about 8 months ago. I'm not seeing the results I want to but I've stuck to it over the months, hoping something will happen. Can anyone give me any advice? What can I do to speed up the weight loss process or is there a better way to lose weight out there? I would appreciate any feedback.

Replies

• omeyer33
    omeyer33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have found sticking to my diet which is more calorie based, lean meat, lots of veggies, and working out is the best way.. I stay consistent with my calorie total and work out at least 30 minutes a day keeping my heart rate up and lost about 1-2lbs a week. Good job at sticking to your diet that is half the battle!
  • wianka7
    Options
    Thank you Omeyer33, I appreciate your input. I'll start working out more a week, let's hope it works :)
  • Krisjhn
    Krisjhn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The MFP community has been powerful for me. All the friends I've made on here are so supportive. Plus reading the struggles and success of others has really helped me. You're not in this alone. We will cheer you on.

As for advice, calorie counting is straight up witch craft. I found it hard to lose weight when I tried to follow a diet or just watch my intake. When I made a commitment to count calories I really started to see things change. The pounds started to consistently melt away. But you have to be religious. Every calorie you put in, make sure you count.

One other item that helped me was figuring out my TDEE [Total Daily Energy Expenditure]. The best online calculator I found for that was IIFYM.com. Don't worry about the macro breakdown so much. Just worry about the calories.

Also, aim for a reasonable loss. Like 1 pound a week. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it's healthy. And overtime it adds up. Plus you are not starving all the time.

Anyway, make sure to add a few friends. We will be your biggest supporters.
  • wianka7
    Options
    Thank you @Krisjhn :) I was told not to pay a lot of attention to calorie counting as fat will make me eat less so naturally I will be consuming less calories. I think I've been doing this completely wrong.

I will definitely make use of the TDEE calculator online :)

Thank you for the advice and support.
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm very interested in IIFYM but have had a lot of success with a low carb based regimen while minding my caloric intake. I definitely do not want to reverse my progress but IIFYM seems like it'd be to satisfying not to be successful. Any thoughts or would you suggested minding calories only instead of macros?