Food lover

Hi fit family! So I am an emotional eater along with a boredom eater...meaning whenever I am just sitting, I WANT FOOD. And junk food at that!!! I just want to find tips on how to stay motivated and replace that feeling!

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Start walking. That's helped me a ton. I also...

drink water
    eat protein
    eat full fat
    eat fiber
    get 7-8 hrs of sleep

these help me stay full.

you've got this!
  • AndiJH
    AndiJH Posts: 84 Member
    I'm a sucker for late night snacking. I found it really helpful to physically measure out the snacks and exercise portion control. I only bring the measured portion to the couch instead of the whole container. I also make an effort to only buy healthier snack options (organic, superfood based, or snacks that require prep).
    It's a tough habit to break, but I find myself less and less inclined to reach for the unhealthy options these days, and can even ignore th snacks my BF brings to the couch after dinner (I've even started portioning his snacks when I prepare them with no complaints from him!) You can do it!
    When you feel the urge to snack, envision your goals. It helps to think about the reason youre losing the weight as motivation to stay on track.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Knitting keeps my hands busy. Hands need to stay clean and really tough to put down work in the middle of a row.