I've lost control

Options
I had gotten to my goal weight and felt great. Then a few changes happened. I changed jobs, moved, and a started on some new medications and suddenly I'm right back to where I started with the stress eating, night time binging, making excuses not to go to the gym, and to make matters worse, I now work in an office where catered lunches, morning kolaches, cookies and cakes are brought in nearly every day. I'm up probably15 pounds by the fit of my clothes (I'm afraid to step on a scale.) I don't know where my self control went or how to get it back. Anyone have recommendations or thoughts on how tp get back on track after going off the rails? Thank you. <3

Replies

• gregsbutler13
    gregsbutler13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The big thing is to just take a few deep breaths. I'm similar in that my eating depends on how much stress I am under, but I find you just have to focus on doing things that calm you down. If you have a hobby that relaxes you I suggest doing that. Do you pack a lunch for work? If you don't I recommend you do and also drink lots of water. If I feel like my snacking has picked up I drink a bunch of water to fill up my belly or I snack on carrots. You can do this! I'm in the process of losing 150lbs because of stress eating...so I know haha If you ever need support or someone to talk to I personally am always here for you. Can message me any time :) You got this girl!
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Going through the same thing lately. Got super lazy with logging during my last pregnancy and now that she is a year old I am actually up a few lbs... The day's that I actually do finish logging ends up being over the majority of the time
  • littleberriesinbarrie
    Options
    Just one small change at a time, set a goal to say no to the lunches & treats one day a week, then two etc and make an effort to make small changes. Have a glass of water instead of the coffee/tea/wine/pop (whatever), choose the healthier option, take a walk or do something that burns calories. Do a workout x times a week regardless & you will likely start making different food choices. I find it helpful to have a goal to exercise to feel good not just to lose weight, just go through the motions a few times and momentum will kick in, before you know it you'll be kicking it. Remember how great it felt to reach your goal and reach it again, you did it before you can do it!
    The fact that you are on this forum asking shows you are ready to make a change, you can do it!